I Torch Pro 6 and 32650 Battery?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MNJoe

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
I have owned an I Torch Pro6 Focus light. I really like the light, but....I have trouble with the batteries, Lithium 32650. The batteries just do not seem to have a long life for me. I am not talking about the burn time, but rather life of the battery. A year or two is all I get out of them, then they will take a charge, charger goes green, but they will no longer last a full hour on full. Some do not hold a charge at all, some will last 20 minutes, some will last 40 minutes.

Anyone have similar experiences? Anyone have any suggestions to make batteries live longer? Anyone have suggestions on how to rejuvenate batteries that now no longer have normal burn time?

Thank You

Keith

You can buy replacement cells on ebay, etc. That size is less common but available. My iTorch came with 2 cells by the way. But after a few years I have had one cell loose capacity and bought a replacement.

Do not store it fully charged!!! This is particularly important if the light sits for long periods of time and in a warm/hot environment.
Do not store in the light. Could be some parasitic drain that would draw in down and help lead to an early demise.
Seems you live in MN so are likely a tropical/occasional dive, and the light sits a lot?

Store about half full.If it's sitting around for months I personally would put it in a ziplock in the fridge.
Try to not run it below 20%.

Get quality batteries, which could be a challenge in that size. Frankly there is a lot of complete crap out there.
Battery test-review 26650 individual tests

B&H has a 7500mAh for $40. Frankly I'd suspect it was a bogus claim. The guy doing the tests in the link above is very good. Seem like most of them top out ~6000mAh. Soshine looks the best, barely.

Back
Top Bottom