i-torch venusian

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PaulaA

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Wondering if anybody has an I-torch Venusian. 700 lumen, soft light, good for photography. I purchased one Dec 2012, used on one night dive in May 2013. Second night dive this past week...LED burnt out already!!!??? Are you kidding me...$179.00??? Any experience with these? I bought it from our dive shop here in Richmond VA. It was kind of strange, no paperwork came with the light but I trusted the shop. Thanks for any insight, help.

Hi Paula,

I'm sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Venusian light. Usually when a customer has some sort of issue, or problem they contact their dealer where they bought it from, or us directly to inquire about warranty... I don't believe I have heard from you, and I was just talking to your dealer maybe two days ago and he did not mention anything. We stand behind our product and do not have LED's burn out after the second dive.

Can you please email me directly at doug@itorch.ca so we can handle this issue for you?

Thanks,
Doug

Wondering if anybody has an I-torch Venusian. 700 lumen, soft light, good for photography. I purchased one Dec 2012, used on one night dive in May 2013. Second night dive this past week...LED burnt out already!!!??? Are you kidding me...$179.00??? Any experience with these? I bought it from our dive shop here in Richmond VA. It was kind of strange, no paperwork came with the light but I trusted the shop. Thanks for any insight, help.

Thanks Doug for standing behind your product, and making it right. I am impressed, as like I said, I had no paperwork when I received it.
Thanks again!

Just ordered my i-Torch Venusian III for use as a focus light in Raja Ampat for macro and supermacro photography (Subal housed Nikon D2X, 105mm macro w/ Nikon 5T and 6T internal diopters and Woody's external diopter - requires 15mm EXR and additional focus gear to mesh with 105mm port when extended - I use a ribbed vacuum cleaner drive belt turned inside out). Plan for it to also be my primary light on night dives. Can't wait to be in the water and to put underpowered inflexible white-only focus lights beind me.

My new iTorch Venusian III was SUPER in Raja Ampat! As my focus light for shooting macro and supermacro during the day, as my primary dive light on night dives (used the 1/2 power setting until I located an animal for which I needed autofocus, when I switched to full power), and as focus light on red setting for the shy critters. I had one night dive by myself off the pier at 20' just for mating mandarinfish - used the red setting the full dive which allowed me to get great shots.

Venuian III is a great light at a great price!

Back
Top Bottom