I Tried to Help a Fish Today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No. I saw him upon surfacing and he was surface diving in the area of the bow. Right on time. Crazy.

21/15 Trimix? I'd define that as "air" (and dive it as such), but I guess it sounds cool.

It was my leftovers. You know, you guys are funny. I tried to do one nice thing for the smallest of God's creatures and I'm getting pot shots from the peanut gallery. I was hoping that if I shared this it might make people believe that divers and diving instructors are not always @$$holes.

It was my leftovers. You know, you guys are funny. I tried to do one nice thing for the smallest of God's creatures and I'm getting pot shots from the peanut gallery. I was hoping that if I shared this it might make people believe that divers and diving instructors are not always @$$holes.

No good deed goes unpunished... lol

I was hoping that if I shared this it might make people believe that divers and diving instructors are not always @$$holes.

My first post(s) on SB were met with lots of assumptions and accusations from people that never bothered to ask anything about my post. At times the “real” experts can be a “real” pleasure. However, the real people pointed out the need to ignore the prevalence of the scuba inquisition.

Quotes and lack of quotes used with intent.

IMO, scuba people are no more special than non-scuba people. We’re a cross section of humanity. Polarization of every topic and demonizing the middle ground of any discussion is the new and sad norm. Doubly so on online forums. </soapbox>

It is a good deed. It is also hilarious.

"Guys, grab your gear and meet me. We need to do a search and rescue!"
"Oh my gosh, we'll be right there. Who are we looking for?"
"A wounded fish."
"...what?"
"A wounded fish. It has a hook in it."
"...okay... um, is this by chance an endangered Great Lakes Sturgeon?"
"No, it's a bass."
"A...bass."
"A Rock Bass."
"..."

I'd say anyone who spends days doing S&R for a bass is nuts, but in a good way. I am going to name your bass "Ed of the Islander" and I wish you luck in saving him.

Our Hero sees a fish with a hook in its face

He Hustles up a rescue dive in the same place

We all fear the worst,

The bird got there first!

Alas, the fish has vanished with nary a “Trace”!

Wait just a minute, if the bird got the fish, what about the hook? Ideas?

Good job Trace. Do good things for good people, and animals too.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom