I Tried to Help a Fish Today

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Awesome turn of a thread.

It is all fun and games until you gotta pass a 0/0 fish hook.

Any excuse to dive and i'm in. Wounded fish...ok, Dropped a quarter overboard, Im your man, Saw the Lochness Monster, maybe...I'm on the way.... Pay my airfare, fills, and let me crash on your couch and we will put together a rescue operation that would make the attempt to save the Kursk look like a girl scout camp day....

We raise beef cattle, I understand the food chain and don't have a problem with it...but I would do the same thing if the opportunity presented itself.

Safe diving everyone,

Jay

Full marks are definitely to be given for trying to save any living thing in need, but just having had fish and chips for dinner.........I'm kind of laughing over here. :rofl3:

Sadly, I see too many of our giant sea "bass" (actually a wreckfish) with hooks and sinkers. I would never attempt to extricate the hook since these gentle giants (reportedly up to 800 pounds historically) could certainly bolt and do me unintentional harm. I wish I could dive with a proper cutting tool so I could at least snip the line near the hook or in this case cut it at the hook.

giant sea bass with lure NHK 2012-09-13-gs.jpg

Back
Top Bottom