I want to murder my computer and feed it to the fishies!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks Ianr33 - your sharing of experience is helpful. The next dives I will bring a copy of tables down with me to compare.

I think that's a great idea.

One point. When your computer goes into deco,does it continue to display run time? (Not all do) Kind of hard to follow tables if you don't know what your run time is.

Of course,you should have a second timer/depth gauge on any deco dive........................

Yes it always shows run time in minutes. I can also go to another screen which shows temp, max depth reached, and time to ascend.

I do have another depth gauge, but no second timer. I don't exactly want to buy another timer when eventually that will be this computers job. And if push comes to shove, I know that 100 psi in my tank is 10 minutes at 10 feet when relaxed. And there is always my buddy as well

I know that 100 psi in my tank is 10 minutes at 10 feet when relaxed

Are you sure about that?

And if push comes to shove, I know that 100 psi in my tank is 10 minutes at 10 feet when relaxed. And there is always my buddy as well

For a single Al 80 that corresponds to a SAC of around 0.2??

Are you really going to be relaxed with a dead computer and guessing how long you need to stay?

Reactions: Jax
:hm:

AL80: 100psi * .026 cf/psi = 2.6cf, / 10 min = .26 cf/min.
HP100: 100psi * .029 . . . = .29 cf/min
HP130: . . . = .38 cf/min

I know of only a few names that might be anywhere close to that last one. Are you diving doubles?

Do you guys really think I would do a planned 130ft dive with 20 minutes of deco on an al80??? LMFAO. Yeah sure I am adventurous and all but I am not that crazy.

Yes I am sure about how much air I use when relaxed. Yes I know that I will go through more air when not relaxed. But at a certain point I also know that I will dig in and relax myself. Worst case scenario I send up a marker and breathe my tank down to 500psi, or try my best to count in my head. Considering every dive is planned so that I come up with more than 1000 I will be good.

You've obviously got it all figured out. Have fun.

Am I the only one concerned we'll be reading about her in A&I forum?

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Do you guys really think I would do a planned 130ft dive with 20 minutes of deco on an al80???

I have no idea what you would do

The SAC you quoted is verging on catatonic, even with double AL80s

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom