I will be taking my RAID crossover on Tuesday

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

ITs are Steve Lewis of Techdiver Training, Watson Devore of RAID USA, Barbie Thompson of Dive Pirates, Jill Heinerth of Heinerth Productions, and I don't know who else. I've known Barbie for many many years, so she was the natural choice for me, but going to Steve or Jill might be easier for you, as they are closer to NYC than Barbie in Houston or Watson in Carr, CO. I am an independent instructor. Since the agency is 99.9999% online, logistically it's the easiest thing in the world. Pay a fee, and Watson opens up whatever it is you need.

@RainPilot you don't happen to be one of the cloud seeding guys out of Abu Dhabi do you? We've had some pretty serious weather lately here in dxb.

Is there a DM crossover? I'm an inactive PADI DM but may be interested in getting an instructor ticket for some work I'm doing over here. Mind shooting me a PM with your e-mail address? I'd like to ask you a few questions.

I am indeed. There is a DM crossover, the global head of rec training is coming here next week so maybe a meet up for a frosty German beverage may be in order?

So in order to crossover I would have to meet with an IT? And what's this being part of a dive center? How do independent instructors logistally funtion within the raid agency?

What Frank said. I went the other way and registered myself as a dive centre. All they want to know is how you are managing logistics and quality. I have signed agreements for fills, pool etc etc with 2 LDS here so no problem. Also means that other freelance guys like say @JohnnyC can operate under my centre without issues.

What Frank said. I went the other way and registered myself as a dive centre. All they want to know is how you are managing logistics and quality. I have signed agreements for fills, pool etc etc with 2 LDS here so no problem. Also means that other freelance guys like say @JohnnyC can operate under my centre without issues.
I had to renew my SDI facility while waiting on my instructor status to come through. So I am not a RAID facility. I am approved, and we will renew that way next year. When we have a boat. Dammit.

I had to renew my SDI facility while waiting on my instructor status to come through. So I am not a RAID facility. I am approved, and we will renew that way next year. When we have a boat. Dammit.

IMG_1319.JPG

So, the crossover is 200 for the online portion plus whatever it would cost to do the practical session with an IT on top of it?

So, the crossover is 200 for the online portion plus whatever it would cost to do the practical session with an IT on top of it?
That's what it cost me.

Back
Top Bottom