I wonder what the weather will be like Dec. 4-11.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Coral-Reefer

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Whenever I have gone to CZM in July, August or September the weather has always been HOT and dry. Makes for great diving since I only wear a shorty and sometimes nothing at all...wait a minute... well, you know what I mean. March is usually pretty nice but January has always required me to wear a 3 mil, dodge the rain and feel pretty chilled after the 2nd dive and having the wind in my face. Of course, a quick donning of a light polar fleece or the like solves that problem.

This is my first December trip and I am wondering how it is going to be weather wise. Seems the water temps are usually around 78-79 which will require a 3 mil for me. So should I expect November like temps or January rain and cooler temps?

I know the trip is going to be great no matter what the weather, unless the harbor closes a majority of the time. Other than diving and seeing old friends, what am I looking most forward to? Probably fresh ceviche (wonder where the best would be?)...

Whenever I have gone to CZM in July, August or September the weather has always been HOT and dry. Makes for great diving since I only wear a shorty and sometimes nothing at all...wait a minute... well, you know what I mean. March is usually pretty nice but January has always required me to wear a 3 mil, dodge the rain and feel pretty chilled after the 2nd dive and having the wind in my face. Of course, a quick donning of a light polar fleece or the like solves that problem.

This is my first December trip and I am wondering how it is going to be weather wise. Seems the water temps are usually around 78-79 which will require a 3 mil for me. So should I expect November like temps or January rain and cooler temps?

I know the trip is going to be great no matter what the weather, unless the harbor closes a majority of the time. Other than diving and seeing old friends, what am I looking most forward to? Probably fresh ceviche (wonder where the best would be?)...

December is very similar to November - but of course we never know :) Just like the past week - the weather has been GORGEOUS - but very windy and wind out of the NNE for a good solid week and we're expecting it to be like this next week too...fortunately, the port was only closed one day.

Water temps will be more like 80 - they don't dip into the 70's usually until January/February.

But what I think you WILL want to hear is that you may very well be here for the Grand re-opening of WW's! Even though the bar will be open before that - I think they're shooting for that time frame for total completion and the grand opening :)

But what I think you WILL want to hear is that you may very well be here for the Grand re-opening of WW's! Even though the bar will be open before that - I think they're shooting for that time frame for total completion and the grand opening :)

Wet Wendy's is closed??? Aaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhh!!

My wife will blame me personally for scheduling our trip at the wrong time.:shakehead:

Wet Wendy's is closed??? Aaarrrrrrrggggggghhhhh!!

My wife will blame me personally for scheduling our trip at the wrong time.:shakehead:

They are hoping to have the bar section open by mid November and will be able to serve a basic menu - the complete remodel is more likely to be finished mid December.

I was there to watch the live demolition of Wet Wendy's as we know it. It was bitter sweet - but it's the beginning of a new chapter for them and we're very happy for them.

The same charm will be there as they've put A LOT of thought and effort into the design - the main difference you'll see is a slightly larger bar with about 10 more seats and a larger sit down diving area that will be back in the courtyard, larger/more restrooms and they're going to have a fancy schmancy kitchen when it's done!

Coz weather should be a welcome change from a town known for Xmas tree farms about then. I took a jacket attached to my roll-on to Roatan in February in case I needed it for a rare winter weather delay in Houston but ended up wearing it one day there when a mean norther arrived with some cool left. I suppose it was cool in Coz a day before, but first week of December - too early for northers I think.

I've been going to Cozumel for years during the first week of December. Water temps have consistently been 80 degrees F top to bottom, except last year it was a little warmer at 82 degrees.

If the weather is warm, a 3mm will probably be fine. My buddies dive in shorties. I've been there when it rained for a week straight and I was glad that I had a 5mm with a hood.

So it all depends on the weather. Check the forecast before you leave home.

Other than diving and seeing old friends, what am I looking most forward to? Probably fresh ceviche (wonder where the best would be?)...

At San Carlos Pescadaria back on about 55th or thereabouts provides delicious COMPLIMENTARY ceviche to go with their outstanding fresh fish. Not open for supper but try to get there for a lunch. Yum.

:shakehead:
December is very similar to November - but of course we never know :) Just like the past week - the weather has been GORGEOUS - but very windy and wind out of the NNE for a good solid week and we're expecting it to be like this next week too...fortunately, the port was only closed one day.

Water temps will be more like 80 - they don't dip into the 70's usually until January/February.

:D That is great to hear! That means my 3 mill will be perfect. You remember when I tried to wear the 3 mill in September and I broke out into a heat rash to the point that you made me go to the doctor... at night... at his house! :shocked2: Thank goodness it wasn't DCS but thanks for caring! :hugs: I owe you one.. or two.. :cheers:

:balloons: Woo Hoo! Even better! I can't wait to see the new place but we will miss the intimacy of the old hangout. :sad: I love the dishes with the free tequila shots... its the only way my wife will let me drink them! :help: Hopefully Bling! will re-open also as she always had some pretty cool stuff in there.

Can't wait to see you and the crew. :rocker:

:shakehead:

:D That is great to hear! That means my 3 mill will be perfect. You remember when I tried to wear the 3 mill in September and I broke out into a heat rash to the point that you made me go to the doctor... at night... at his house! :shocked2: Thank goodness it wasn't DCS but thanks for caring! :hugs: I owe you one.. or two.. :cheers:

You are very welcome :) Yes, I remember and was also very glad it was nothing more than heat rash :)

Can't wait to see you and the crew. :rocker:

You too!!!

Back
Top Bottom