i450T reverting to default units?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

MathieuJV

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi,

I just purchased a i450T diving computer. I haven't used it while diving yet, but there seems to be a problem that happened twice: units reverting to default after being changed. It happened first with time (reverted to 12 instead of 24), then -more worryingly- with depth unit (reverting to imperial after being set to metric -I can't make sense of imperial units). I will be using the computer for a dive in a couple of weeks and am worried I'll realise under water that my depth shows in ft. I am a beginner and never had my own computer, so maybe I did something wrong... but I'd appreciate any help.

Hi,
I just purchased a i450T diving computer. I haven't used it while diving yet, .......

Hi Mat,
Question: Did you update your device at Diverlog.com (New firmware update) ?

BTW how did you like the i450T now that you did some dives with it?

Hi, I really love the computer, and it didn't revert again to default units. So that's fine. However, I've had 2 issues:

- impossible to download dives to my windows PC on the diverlog software. I have to say the Diverlog team has been extremely responsive and they really did their best to solve the problem. But until now, they didn't manage.

- the Gas Time Remaining function doesn't work well. I often dived 15 to 20 minutes with 0 GTR. Now, I understand better how this works and that without anticipating diving depth, GTR can at best be approximate. However, I feel that here, it is way off-mark.

More annoying is the absolute absence of any after sale service from Aqualung. Aqualung US sent me to Aqualung France (where I bought the DC) and to Aqualung India (where I live). The France email address just bounced (!) and the Indian service centres never replied (to be expected). So I was just left high and dry without any assistance.

The issues I face aren't huge and otherwise, the computer worked really well. I have the AI dongle, which also worked flawlessly until now.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom