ice diver course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

its 3 above and 36 inches of ice
Nice. Where is it and who do I need to talk with? Just to dive, if I can make it up there before it gets warm. I was up to Toronto for the Deep6 class, but I haven't dove up there. I was going to go ice diving in Tobermory, but they never got enough ice. :(

yes I knew you did the course ,,,I was there I live 4.5 hours from TO

@abnfrog: Any chance that you and SDI/TDI would consider coming up with an 'Ice II' course?

I can't make it this year but would be very interested in an advanced ice course...

I could write one possibly...........I have authored a few courses , so it wouldn't be too hard

You weren't kidding when you said you in the great white north. Wow you are up there!
Not so bad, really, by Canadian standards. The first time up there I flew into Sudbury and rented a car. Gorgeous country.

Second time, I just drove up with my vehicle and all my stuff. Highly recommended. Just make sure that you have a GPS that works in that part of Canada. Expect detours. They are ALWAYS working on one or another of the major roads. Detours are a piece of cake with a GPS, good freaking luck without one.

Beautiful unspoiled country. The place tends to grow on you, starting to feel like I need a fix...

PICT0045.JPG
Not Ontario but Manitoba, less than 15 kms or so from the Ontario border. West Hawk Lake.

Ice diving is so cool. :snorkeler:

PICT0046.JPG

I’ve dived West Hawk Lake, Manitoba. Meteorite impact crater, cool topography under water. No zebra mussels for the win.

Back
Top Bottom