Ice diving in the Czech republic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver0001:
I'm Sorry. I actually had no idea where it was until two days before we left. I did look how far it was to Warsaw but it's 400km, which is about a 10 hour drive in Poland.... :wink: It never occurred to me for a second that you would actually make that drive....
Well, for us it's 5 hours drive from Warsaw
:D

Diver0001:
How about if I beg... :)
I'll think about it....

Diver0001:
You can't blame them. They probably think that anyone who drives on Polish roads is crazy.
That's true but....

Diver0001:
I actually got invited to go wreck diving in Poland for 10 days later this year. Apparently there are some war wrecks that have been opened up for limited diving and we have some good connections.
Who invited you - if I may ask? There are in fact only two good diving centres to do these wrecks. One is Baltick Wrecks guy in Gdansk, the other is in Leba. These guys are the best and most trustworthy.

Diver0001:
Don't worry Mania. We're bound to cross paths at some point.
Hope so....
Mania *still thinking whether should forgive him or not*

mania:
Who invited you - if I may ask? There are in fact only two good diving centres to do these wrecks. One is Baltick Wrecks guy in Gdansk, the other is in Leba. These guys are the best and most trustworthy.

I was invited by Pim and his wife. They have connections everywhere.....if it's able to breathe and swim in Eastern Europe they know them. I think it's the connections via-via through Lola that make it all possible.

In any event, what they said is that it's wrecks that have been closed since the war. They're only being opened now for a select few divers. More than that I don't know but it sounded like something you'd want to get in on before the hammer and chisel wielding port-hole hacking, anything-that-isn't-welded-on-needs-to-be-hanging-on-my-living-room-wall yanking hacks get their anchors into.....

R..

Hope so....

Me too. I promise to email you next time.

R..

Diver0001
It's not true that wrecks were not opened since war. The thing is that after series of fatal accidents on Goya (the biggest marine tragedy - more than 8 thousand dead) Polish authorities decided to change the law. Now for every wreck diving within Polish teritorial and economy waters you need a permission. For the most difficult wrecks (such as Goya) you need special permission which right now almost nobody gets.
Mania

mania:
Diver0001
It's not true that wrecks were not opened since war. The thing is that after series of fatal accidents on Goya (the biggest marine tragedy - more than 8 thousand dead) Polish authorities decided to change the law. Now for every wreck diving within Polish teritorial and economy waters you need a permission. For the most difficult wrecks (such as Goya) you need special permission which right now almost nobody gets.
Mania

OK, thanks for this. Next time I talk to Pim I'll ask him which wrecks he was talking about.

R..

Here you can find some good info about Baltick Wrecks. And these are the guys I wrote about before.
http://www.balticwrecks.com/en/home.html
Unfortunately the legal part is not translated.
Here are wrecks you can dive without extra permission
http://www.umgdy.gov.pl/pium/wiadomosci/podglad?kod=wu4a346c52.5m5fr56c51&typ=o
It doesn't mean you can't dive other wrecks but you have to get the permission. As far as I know mainly Baltick Wrekcs guys and Leba guys are among few that get it. And as they are all IANTD so I think they are the ones Pim is cooperating with (it's only my guess).
Mania

Diver0001,
AS close as we've been and you came to my neck of the woods without calling. I can forgive you though :wink:

Hermanice is one of the best dive locations around here. Nice big hole in the gound but not many fish.

Ciao

TheDivingPreacher:
Diver0001,
AS close as we've been and you came to my neck of the woods without calling. I can forgive you though :wink:

The fact is I was feeling rushed for about 10 days before that trip and I just didn't have the energy. I hope the next time I'll have my ducks lined up better before the trip. It certainly wasn't personal.

Hermanice is one of the best dive locations around here. Nice big hole in the gound but not many fish.

I saw both of them.... :)

R..

If you are interested in diving in the Czech Republic, take a look at www . divinginczech . com

You can find there some information about diving in Czech Republic, some diving localities, some famous Czech divers, Czech producers of diving gear and so on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom