Icing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Heavy duty zip-lock bags are okay, but one of the best things to ice with is a bag of frozen peas. You can refreeze and reuse them, but don't eat them later :)

That's an old vasectomy patient trick...... but don't eat the peas!!

That's an old vasectomy patient trick...... but don't eat the peas!!

Oh brother, you're probably one of those guys who washes after he pees, even though you didn't pee on your hands :D

Beer......lots and lots of beer. You can drink it before using it, while using it, and after using it. Amazing how it helps the pain and your attitude. Then you'll need to get rid of the pees.

The gel packs are the best, moldable, no leaking so nice to go to sleep with and tossing and turning.
Get two big ones, you’re really going to want both hot pack and cold pack with rehabbing the joint. Until then refreeze one while the other is in use. I’ve always got one in there, part of my first aid kit.
No leaking so nice to go to sleep with and tossing and turning. Or just sandwich yourself between the two to sleep.

Just out of the freezer, wrap a thin tea towel around it. Depending on your cold tolerance put more or less of the overlapped towel on the skin side. And adjust as it warms. Get a 4” ace to loosely secure it to whatever. On a shoulder I’d be running figure eights.

Here's another vote for gelpacs. I got a couple at Rite Aid, along with a neoprene/velcro sleeve, that made attaching much easier-on my knees. Not too sure about on a shoulder, but the Ace bandage should do fine there.

my little brother just got out of his second this year and both times the docs gave him this little cooler that you fill with ice and it pumps the ice water around your should like a liquid cooling system for a computer

My ex's heart had ice water running through it. That could work :)

Back
Top Bottom