Icon HD black, different profiles between mac and PC?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

griffon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I opened a ticket for this but thought I would see if anyone has some insight or known issue.
I have new Icon HD black, running 4.1 firmware. I took it out for a fairly normal first dive today, and it performed fine (love this big ass numbers, actually wish the surface internal text and numbers where a bit bigger too -> I'm all but blind these days :) ).
Anyway when I down load the profile on PC is shows a massive violation and then dropped 600f and rocketed up. When upload on mac, it looks fine and reflects the data the is shown on the icon.
I get the same result with both the mares software on PC vs Mac and with subsurface on PC vs. mac. I also tried my default which is dive logs 5 where this first jumped out at me.

Very weird, and it makes me nervous about the icon.

Subsurface screens though I get the same results regardless of app, it's mac vs pc data... (seriously WTF it makes little sens)

Good mac
maciconss.jpg

Bad PC
pciconss.jpg

As a computer professional with 40+ years of programming and analysis experience - you are getting the same result in two different applications on two (very disparate) operating systems. No question, the variation does not stem from the Icon. If the Mac (in DiveOrganizer and SubSurface) shows what the Icon shows then the PC is the problem - not the Icon.

Just from your pictures, it's obvious to me that the PC is having a serious problem with the download data from the Icon. I don't even have to see the Mac picture to know that. The PC is doing something very aberent. Trust the Icon (for sure, Mares is not going to release something that can't be trusted to the max).

I agree but for the life me I can't imagine how that could be. Not sure how the icon handles the data but cleanest way would be tar it up, and deliver it to the pc with a checksum. I re ran this a couple different times with different apps with same platform dependent result. This suggests it's not a random usb protocol interference issue. Not a lib' issue since the mares software shows the sane vs dive log 5, vs subsurface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree but for the life me I can't imagine how that could be.

Me either. I was astounded to find that the Univac (octal) would allow you to divide by zero - no fatal error, no problem, just proceed. WTF?????

Computers are only as good as the programmers - from my software enginering class - "... it takes 99% of the effort to find the last 3% of the bugs - at least 1% of the bugs will never be discovered"

I dive and I'm still alive and I will continue to dive. Tables and computers only give me an edge to not push beyond what will kill me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom