Icon HD Black Edition - Poor Screen Brightness

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Semm

New
Reaction score
Hi all

I recently purchased a Mares Icon HD Black Edition and AI module. I'm happy with most aspects of the device except one.

The screen is very difficult to read on the surface or even in normal use. I have the brightness turned all the way up but it just doesn't seem anywhere near bright enough. I have to strain to see it unless it's dark or terrible visibility. I'm diving in Guernsey so it's not exactly the topics with bright sunshine.

Is this common or should I send the device back? It was an internet purchase so it's hassle to send back and I don't want to waste time or money on it if this is a "feature" of the product.

Having said all of that, Google and searching this board seem to elude to quite the opposite. Everyone says how bright and easy to read it is...

Anyone have any experience with this?

Cheers

James

My wife has the same dive computer and had the same issue. She now uses it in "night mode" which gives you a black background. This helps her lot when it's bright out. You may want to give that a try.

Back
Top Bottom