Icon HD will not pair with transmitter

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sgtmajbass

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have never successfully paired my icon HD with the transmitter (has serial #). When I try to pair, the status bar goes left to right 2 times and then says "timed out". I have tried it while pressurized to a first stage, no luck. The local dive shop here in Okinawa, says they can't help, that I need to call Mares, which is difficult due to time difference. Any advice?

Thanks,
Gary

I suggest you put a fresh battery in the transmitter. That worked for me. Also since you have a newer transmitter, do make sure you have it attached to a pressurized first stage, and keep the HD and transmitter close to each other.

You were correct, it was the battery in the transmitter. What a shame, a brand new high end computer with a dead battery and a dive shop that would do nothing.

Sorry you had that experience, but very glad it was a simple fix.

Can you help??
Since the sender should have been powered down completely when not attached to a tank and pressurised, can you check it is infact turning off, I think if you turn on the computer then with first stage on a tank, open the valve slowly, after thirty seconds you should get the tank pressure.
Now either leave alone for five mins whilst pressurised then wake up your computer & no pressure reading should be shown or turn tank off & purge regs and the transmitter should turn off in 2/3 mins.

I am thinking of purchasing an Icon again (mine went back to Mares Italy so they could investigate time shift bug) but have heard lots of people mentioning about the sender unit & batteries...

Thanks...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom