I'd personally like to thank the U.S. Gov't & our Anti-trust Department

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will never understand airfares...It's unbelievable. Last November (2015) I flow from PHX to CZM for $290 RT. In February (2016) I found an airfare from PHX to CZM for $325. I blinked and it was gone. I watch the airfares to CZM and they had been running about $825 RT PHX to CZM. Two weeks ago I checked again and the airfare was $565. Now I'm going to CZM in August. I rechecked the same flights yesterday and the same RT airfare was $1450. Go figure.

Check the number of available seats, and it will probably help explain, although the available seats shown do not always reflect the actual number of available seats. US Airways was famous for this. (But in most other respects, I loved them. For example, if they knew your connecting flight was late, they'd hold the plane. American Airlines will shut the door in your face, and laugh about it.)

The airlines use a methodology to maximize their profits. If you were running the airline, would you share with me the way to get the cheapest ticket? You've flown enough that you know when you see a great price. Buy it.

Reactions: BRT
Check the number of available seats, and it will probably help explain, although the available seats shown do not always reflect the actual number of available seats. US Airways was famous for this. (But in most other respects, I loved them. For example, if they knew your connecting flight was late, they'd hold the plane. American Airlines will shut the door in your face, and laugh about it.)

The airlines use a methodology to maximize their profits. If you were running the airline, would you share with me the way to get the cheapest ticket? You've flown enough that you know when you see a great price. Buy it.
I've have a few airlines hold a flight for me but, it does not happen very often>

Checking flights from DFW, cheapest I have found for October/November involves a layover in Canada for $588 RT. DFW to Toronto then a 20 hour layover. Makes perfect sense to me.

Checking flights from DFW, cheapest I have found for October/November involves a layover in Canada for $588 RT. DFW to Toronto then a 20 hour layover. Makes perfect sense to me.

Got to love it... Absolute insanity. Thank you U.S. Government and Anti-Trust!

Got to love it... Absolute insanity. Thank you U.S. Government and Anti-Trust!

How is this related to the US Government and Anti-Trust?

Back
Top Bottom