"#@$# Idea"->dive->bends->wheel-chair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

АлександрД

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
as offered to me to separate this to the stand-alone topic, I`m publishing it here

In our news, blogs etc. was very popular one story of "so called diver", who get very serious bends and now had huge problems with health.
He`s published it on the FB on Russian language.
https://www.facebook.com/maxim.orlov.520

Sorry, my English language is not perfect, and I will publish here autotranslation of it. (Thx Google!)

PART 1
Today exactly one year, as I became an invalid. Just the morning of a year ago I happily went to diving, and in the evening at this time I was lying in a hospital in Hurghada.
I'm 39 years old, I'm diving for 15 years, there are more than a thousand dives behind me, I was sure that nothing could happen to me under water. But it turned out that you need to take into account not only your experience.
I lived pretty well, I lacked food, entertainment and rest. Everything was given relatively easily, without much stress in life.
On the previous day, I decided that tomorrow you need to go to depth, because it's boring. In the morning we went under the water, the three of us, Sam, and some of his friend Mustafa. We decided to go for 100 meters, just take a photo on the dot. All the deepest dives I've done with a single balloon, and this time something made me take a spare at the last minute. Apparently someone up there had plans on me .... watch me and laugh. Like, he lived easily and beautifully, you say, well, let's see ...
When I decided to take the second balloon, Mustafa still laughed, saying we men go on one ball ..... but something I still made him take it. That's why we are all three and alive now.
Mustafa as a diver I almost did not know, he is a friend of Sam and dived with us shallow the previous couple of days. But Sam assured me that he was deep and experienced. OK. Let's go downstairs, Sam and Mustafa, I'm almost on the sidelines. Leaves along the wall, I'm slightly ahead, periodically looking back at them, whether all ok. In the 80-90 area on some ledge, they were hanging and Sam started taking photos of Mustafa. I did not care about this depth, I felt fine, there was enough air, the bottom could be seen somewhere below. So I did not wait for them and went on. He reached the bottom, noted his personal record, look around, where is Sam, to make a photo. Still, I do not want to sit and wait at such a depth. Nobody there. I start to swing actively, no one. The computer screams like crazy, shows that it's 1 hour and 40 minutes. And in the first balloon there is almost no air left.
Damn it with that photo, I decide to come up. Slowly start the climb, the rock is almost vertical and it's difficult to look upwards, nevertheless I actively turn my head in search of the rest. I begin to understand that something has happened. Meters of 100 ends in the air in the first tank, I switch to the second one and think, I'm actively thinking ..... it's here to write a long time, and there the thoughts fly like bullets. I think it's good that I took the second ballon, I think that something happened, I think that we were taught in such situations to think only of ourselves and save ourselves.
I think, I think, I think .....
Here is that ledge, where they took a photo. There is no one .... I understand that exactly the trouble happened, thoughts fly and the head is already buzzing. Go up or look for them at this level? The body tears up, screams "float up yourself, up to the air." All the same I stay at this depth and turn around, maybe the bodies lie somewhere. No one ..... I'm looking at the manometer, and the second balloon at this depth is already half empty. I continue to float.
And I understand that with all the delays in waiting for them, in search of, and so on, I just do not have enough for a normal ascent. In the head with huge burning letters there is the word KESSONKA! Here, ****, ******* .... but his head is still thinking about it abstractly, damn, how much can a hyperbaric chamber cost?
I climb further by the rules. And here meters 60 turning his head I see them. I see that Sam is dragging Mustafa on his octopus and is actively dragging, they obviously have problems. I look at my computer: to rise for more than an hour, I look at the manometer: the air will last for a maximum of 30-40 minutes to one. And time slows down.
I understand that I can surface myself, the more they are away from me and probably will not even see. I understand that I will float up anyway with a violation, but a small one and that most likely somewhere around 10-15 meters I will catch someone familiar from the ship and I'll stay on his balloon for the necessary time. Those. I understand that I myself can definitely ascend without consequences. But for this, I have to give up Sam. I understand that by all the rules I should, I even have to do exactly that, that he is an instructor and this is his problem. I understand, but before the eyes and the picture rises, as I climb aboard, the captain asks where Sam is, and I say: he stayed there ... at the bottom .... I understand and I stop. The computer is screaming, the brain is wailing up .... I do not know what overpowered me all this, but I turn sideways and swim to them.
Sam finally sees me and actively shows, let the air .... I get an octopus, I give it to Mustafa. Sam pops it in his mouth, I take Mustafa sideways to his elbow and I'm ready to float slowly.

30714649_10210691308309847_5685828949423161344_n.jpg

30725977_10210691308229845_518508509470392320_n.jpg

30710284_10210691308629855_8181731524274552832_n.jpg

Last edited:
But .... surprise .... on the shoulder, Sam is knocking. I turn my head and .... **** .... he asks for air and himself, showing that he also does not have anything ....
To say that I was ****** by this news is not to say anything. I get out of my mouth regulator, I give Sam. In my head, blood knocks, panic - how to float on the half of a balloon three together with 60 meters? Thoughts get confused, I draw my hand to Sam for his regulator, it seems he's not going to give it away .... the brain starts screaming that I'm choking ... knocking Sam on the arm .... daaaaaai breathe .... gives. I ask with gestures: have both of you run out of air? It shows that yes. I show him the computer that it's almost an hour to float, I show the pressure gauge, the pressure needle turns to zero almost like a second one - Mustafa grabs his teeth in the octopus and sucks like a locomotive, not thinking about anyone. Breathe in turn, dealing with Sam gestures, rise to 35-40. Air is almost gone, Mustafa sucks for five, and Sam and I find it harder to breathe for two from one regulator in turn. And Sam decides to float abruptly without stopping. He accepts himself, without warning, and suddenly starts abruptly on his flippers to go up like a bullet. I'm trying to keep him, but it's unreal .... I say to myself: PIZZETS, BAROKAMERA ...
In my head of thought I try to escape, stay in the depths, look at Mustafa, see his mad eyes, see how he clung to the octopus and I understand that he will not give it back, but drowns me in the fight ...
Surfacing .... the sun, air, waves. Mostafa's lungs are obviously damaged from ascent, he is straight with blood streams. I'm screaming to Sam what you've done, you idiot. The pressure chamber is now everything. He says I'll go to the ship for help, wait. Moves away, Mustafa begins to ask me, Maxim, the air is still left, we go back to the depth, it should help ..... I agree. I show you, let's go. But Mustafa is not able to immerse himself, asks, Maxim, help. I drag him all his strength down, him, myself, a spare balloon .... the feeling that I'm struggling with a tractor. Greba, show this dyke, row, too, whore, and do not lie. Begins to row. We go down about 10 meters. And then something like bursts in my chest and a sharp burning pain. I show Mustafa that I'm ill, he shows, let's still swim to the side of the ship. We swim, or rather drag it more, it burns in my chest .... The air is coming to an end, I show that we must rise. Surfaced, Mustafa asks if the air has run out? I answer yes. Ok, then I myself swam to the ship, says, for now .... And floats away. I remain myself on the surface .... 2 empty cans of wildly sail on the waves, the waves are covered with the head. I row against the waves with all my strength, but I practically stand still. And the body begins to grow dumb.
Before that, there was only chest pain and wild fatigue, and here begins numbness ... to the ship about 50 meters, and I feel that my legs are numb ... like at night when I lay. By the Zodiac swims, I think to call for help, but I'm ashamed, I can do it myself. I still do not understand the whole complexity of the situation. Crawl on. Meters 40. Numbness rose to the waist. The rowing is more and more difficult, occasionally I start to swallow water from the waves covering with my head. 35 meters, I understand that an empty balloon on the side interferes with swim and it is necessary to throw it. But in the head of thought, there is a regulator of a stranger, you can not leave. Grebe further. Nemyut hands. The foot is almost gone. Waves cover more often.
I decide that I need to drop cargo, pull out one pocket and swim with it in my hands. Then I understand, dybil, throw it away, throw it, followed by the second. A bit lighter, 25-30 meters .... it's getting harder to swim, I can not feel my legs, my arms are numb, the waves cover with the head and every third breath instead of air is water. I start choking, I understand that I can drown seriously.
Damn it with the regulator, you need to drop the balloon. A balloon hangs on two carbines with maaaaaahonkimi snaps. And I'm wearing gloves and my hands are numb. I'm trying to find and unfasten. Hands do not feel anything. While I'm fighting, the waves are taken from the ship, the Greba back, as a result I struggle on the spot and lose strength ... every second breath is water. Lungs with water, no legs at all, just some feeling of cold below the waist, arms on the shoulders numb and also begin to disappear, the chest becomes numb. I can not swim forward, all the strength to stay in place. There is nothing to breathe, it seems that the water is continuous. I understand that I'm literally drowning. I start to fight, do not row, but wriggle all over, but it's harder and harder to keep up. Already 2 breaths from 3 water. No strength. And such a quiet calm voice in my head: stop, well, what are you fighting, you still understand that it's ****** up and you die, so stop, relax and breathe the water yourself. So at least you die peacefully, and not fighting in horror. And all this is like in a slow movie, I'm trying to swim, at the same time I conduct this conversation and in parallel my hands are fumbling in search of a carbine cylinder. I struggle, but the calm voice speaks more and more confidently, stop and everything will end without suffering. And he sounds so tempting. The waves are covered. There is no air at all .....
And I give up ..... I do my best to breathe in and prepare to dive under the water as deep as possible, so that I can let in the water and stop everything. I take a breath and .... and suddenly, as a routine, I start to shout aloud the name of my daughter. I repeat it like a wounded one and from somewhere forces are coming to a jerk. And fingers that are striking along the side suddenly come across a buckle and I start to tear it straight, pull, grab it and at some point it opens. I drop the balon and try to row to the ship.
My daughter saved me. I do not know where her name came from. But if it were not for her, I would have been dead for a long time ....
I will not write, just as I swam to the ship, how I was dragged on board with a rope.
Everything is mixed up in a bunch ...
I remember only how in me, like in a shaken can of Coca-Cola, blood was boiling. I was boiling from the inside, every cell of the body, every drop of blood in the body. I completely felt this boil. On me lay four big men, pressing to the deck, and I was beaten with sudrogs so that they flew off me like pins. And I remember the wild, horrified eyes of tourists who looked at it all and heard me yelling as if at a fire.
And then there was a rescue boat, a hyperbaric chamber, a hospital, a few weeks in Egypt and a flight to Kiev under jabs. And hospitals, hospitals, hospitals ..... today is the year ..
Exactly a year .... I lost how I earned money - it's hard to work, bedridden. I lost some friends and finally lost my wife, but I got new good people. I have lost all my savings and are preparing to sell the car. I lost that apartment where I lived for many years and who used to think of home, and now I live on a removable.
A year ago I was lying and could not move my foot, now I'm starting to walk with a wand and someone's help. The pain is with me all the time, I'm used to living with pain, I do not remember how it is when the body does not hurt. But sometimes it hurts so much that I can not move. I have so many times wanted to drop my hands and stop all this suffering. Forever stop.
But my daughter lives with me. And she comes to me, crocks and whispers in my ear: you're the best dad in the world !!!! And only for this I live.
P.S. Happy birthday, Sam !!! Today is your second birthday. Remember me...
P.P.S. expensive mega-experienced divers who want to show their mind and knowledge of the open-water course. Please, be clever in your kitchen, not on my page. I will ruthlessly ban my clever people, something has ended in me for this year in me, tolerance.
PPS. I'll probably continue and write the next post with an analysis and understanding of what happened, which I then did wrong and how worth it would be to do, how I was treated in Egypt and at home, and what rake I was advancing during all this.

PART 2
Decompression disease or caisson. Myths and own experience.
Yesterday was the year, as I "drowned". Yesterday's post I wrote more for myself and my friends, as a short summary of the year. But he surprisingly broke up on an Internet and caused a reaction in many people I do not know. Some of them are divers. Well, in the former Soviet Union, it's a favorite thing to climb and give advice when they are not asked. Especially if a person is slightly in the topic, then he immediately thinks of himself as the main expert. Well, I'm still diving, not football, then I would definitely "advice" as it should and what I would be wrong with.
So, I will share my experience of "acquiring" the caisson and attempts to treat it.
Brief introductory. I am 39 years old, 15 years of experience, more than 1000 dives. The experience of deep diving in the air is present. Nitrogen did not wing either on the "terrible permissible" 40 meters, nor much deeper. All the same in the textbooks they write with a very large margin in the calculation for the weakest organism.
Nevertheless, climbing for 100 in the air is stupid, bordering on idiocy, I understand this perfectly, but this is MY life, it was my decision, it's not for me to judge and to be clever. Do not agree - the FB is full of other pages where you can poumble a lot, but I will have a ban immediately.
But never try to repeat it, where I was not covered, another was covered with a head. So float on 25, all the same all the most beautiful there.
So, we went three together. And this was my first mistake. I knew my badi perfectly, I knew what he was capable of, he knew me. But the third person was unfamiliar to me. I thought frivolously that these were not my cares, but the cares of the instructor.
This third one turned out to be a weak link. And as a diver, and as a person as a whole afterwards.
As it turned out later, he fainted somewhere 45 meters. And we all know the symptoms of nitric acid and it does not cut off suddenly, like a shoe on the head. Mustafa obviously had fun with fearlessness at the beginning and fear later. He could not feel it. But nevertheless in any way about it did not signal and we continued a dive piously believing, that at all all is good. From the experience of communicating with him on board, I can only assume that only ******* eastern pride apparently did not allow him to signal about the start of nitrogen. Like, as it is, they are normal, and I am anything weaker than them ..... this version seems to me the most believable, it was painfully proud and steep it was on board.
So, the first mistake: an unfamiliar partner.
The second error - 3 people. Together, knowing each other, we would certainly have risen even in a similar situation. And the air would have to be divided into two, not three.
The third mistake. I had to insist that they take spare cylinders. And to warn that I will not share mine.
We go further. At 45 Mustafa covered with nitrogen and he just falls asleep, as if under anesthesia, while the body continues to sink about the same speed as we do. Diving goes along a steep wall, so it's difficult to keep each other in sight. And then the sea plays a cruel joke with us, Mustafa fell asleep at the time when he showed OK. Therefore, periodically glancing at him, we see only a diver who plunges evenly with us, lets bulbs and shows that he has everything OK. ****, everything is ok !!!!
In fact, Sam understands that something is wrong with Mustafa, only stopping for shooting on a ledge of meters at 80-90. From his words, he shows that to stop, and sees that Mustafa does not react, swims closer and sees that his eyes are closed and his mouth is almost no longer holding a mouthpiece. By the way, they sink at a depth precisely because of this, the notorious nitrogen itself does not kill anyone, no matter how much the theoreticians of the limiting 40 meters scream. The maximum that makes a nitrogen anesthetic - lulls you. But already a sleeping person does not control muscles, cheekbones unclench, the mouth opens, the mouthpiece drops out and the person gets choked.
Sam understands that Mustafa has covered, and decides to lift him upstairs. At the same time, he somehow decides to pinch the regulator on the frellow to force his lungs. Here I have no opinion clearly, it was right or not. On the one hand, to increase the flow of air, it is probably good, on the other at such a depth, the expense is simply insane and the friffin eats the balloon literally in seconds. Perhaps, if he had not done this, they would have had enough of his air to rise normally much higher. I was not around, I can not judge what the situation was and what it was worth doing.
At this time I was lower. Noticeably below. Only in my conclusion in the hospital 110m is written, the real depth was much larger, I just did not give them a computer, I said I broke it.
I think it was this difference of 30-40 meters between their lower point and mine that gave me, in no small part, such grave consequences. All the same every extra 10 meters at such a depth, it's not at all 10 meters in shallow water.
By the way for theorists, that's 40 limit. From 80-90 they rose somewhere up to 60 already without air. At a delay in breathing. Both run both, have got off easy or light; mild in comparison with me a numbness and barotrauma of lungs.
So, when I caught up with them and gave Mustafa an octopus, Sam showed me that he too was without air. So we climbed the threesome on my tank, Mustafa breathes from the octopus, Sam and I take turns from my regulator. Have risen somewhere up to 32-38, exactly up to the first stop deco on my computer. The algorithm was the most desperate, not conservative. I do not remember exactly, 32 or 38, stop a minute. There already a gentle slope was just beginning, a minute along the slope was coming. I was deeper than everyone, so for me the landmark was personally my computer, not them. And then I show Sam, the next stop after a few meters and already 3 or 5 minutes. And I show the manometer. And there the shooter is really like a stopwatch, Mustafa sucks like I never sucked) .... I try to show him signs, breathe quietly, breathing, but my eyes are insane, do not understand anything. I grabbed the octopus and it is clear that he will kill when trying to take away.
And Sam decides to float abruptly. Then I was furious at him for that. Now, after a while, I understand that on that rest of the air we would have lasted a few minutes maximum, but then would have emerged without air, which would have guaranteed barotrauma. Plus, he did not know how much deeper I and Mustafa sank. But the moment he took a few deep breaths, he gave me the regulator and suddenly sharply popped up on the fins, I was ready to kill him. I grabbed my leg, tried to stop, and seriously thought if I could get a knife and cut the hose of the octopus.
But Mustafa's eyes were so insane that I realized that he was likely to grab a knife from me and cut me.
As a result, with 35-40 there was an uncontrolled rise.
Surfaced. There would be pages of three mats, but I will miss it. Mustafu tears the blood. I understand that the barotrauma of the lungs. I like everything is fine, my heart certainly thresher, but all limbs are working, the head does not hurt. I think it went by. Before the ships are 50-60 meters, a wave from them to the open sea. Sam says that he will sail for help on the ship. And we want to follow him as we can. We agree. Moves away.
And here is mine, as I believe MAIN MISTAKE. NEVER repeat this NEVER !!!!!!!!!!! I am sure that this is the reason for such serious consequences. Mustafa asks if there is still air, I say that there is a bit. Asks, Maxim, have gone downstairs, we will sit at a depth, it will help. And I agree, because I myself also heard somewhere that if I go back at once, it does not seem to count. So HUI !!!! It's like if you do not take it out, finish it and put it back in again - you can not fly like that. Delirium, heresy and self-deception !!!! If it has already surfaced, re-submersion in the air will only aggravate the situation and increase the concentration in the blood. Re-immersion is effective THEORETICALLY only on oxygen, and not on air !!!! Then you gradually lose yourself in a hyperbaric chamber. This I then clever became, having read English-language literature, in the Russian segment PRACTICAL information, rather than pizza Internet theorists in general, the cat wept.
Therefore, I repeat, IF I SLAVE WITHOUT THE DECK OF STOPS - NO DETAILED DIVE ON THE NEW CYLINDER !!!!! RECOMMENDATIONS ON AIR - DEATH MYTH!

But at that moment I agreed with Mustafa, plus it's easier to swim under water than against waves. I blow off my vest, I try to go down. But it was not there. Empty my balloon behind my back, an empty balloon on the side, Mustafa with his empty balloon, which just grabbed me and waits for me to sink it down .... it's beyond my strength to sink. I shout to him, row, ****, dybil. Work flippers. Looks mad and gawks, Maxim, down, please, down. And I myself want to go downstairs. I start to row as hard as a car. And yet you manage to go to the depths and carry all this ballast with you. And then something like a fire bursts in the chest on the right and becomes hard to breathe. This was the first pain and the first some kind of unhealthy feeling after surfacing. Prior to this, no problems, discomfort, pain, and so on was not.
This was my SECOND MISTAKE MISTAKE. As I later found out again from foreign sources, in case of surfacing without deco stops, it is necessary to limit physical activity as much as possible. He surfaced, pouted and lay, whistling for help. I did not know this and did exactly the opposite, I laid it out to the maximum, that even without deco I would have been bored with fatigue after such a load.
And then I just burned all the oxygen in my blood, consuming energy, and dispersed the nitrogen-saturated blood all over the body, to the smallest and farthest areas.
NEVER, NEVER LEAVE YOUR LOAD AFTER UNKONTROLLED. THEY HAVE BROKEN, GAVE THE ZHILET AND HELP THE HELP, IN THE IDEAL WITH A WHITE, THE CRICKS ARE HEARED BAD.
And then everything was just as soon as the air was over, Mustafa threw me, waved goodbye and sailed to the ship without even offering me to help sail. He was a ****-man, he saw me once in the hospital and, on Sam's and others' offer, to help me pay many thousands of euros for the pressure chamber, spread his hands and said that his family was waiting for him, and it was time for him .....
Further from my mistakes, when I was just beginning to sail to the ship passing by the Zodiac, I thought it was to call for help, but it was an unfamiliar Zodiac from the safariologist, and I was basely ashamed to call, I just did not understand the whole gravity of the situation. At that time, I believed that the caisson is certainly bad, but it will all end only with financial losses in the pressure chamber, since I've emerged alive.
Error: do not be ashamed to call for help, it's better to laugh then than to wear on stretchers.
Next, I tried to keep the equipment and cargo pockets to the last, which almost led to death.
Error: throwing ALL BALLAST immediately ******. The cost of treatment is many hundreds of times higher than the cost of any equipment.
That's somehow so .... I was covered so much because I did a second dive and gave a crazy extreme physical load on the surface.
Oh. Yes. About calling for help. When I was as close to the ship as I could and I could not swim, I shouted, but no one heard. And I remembered all the signs of a panicked diver and tried to repeat them: I tore off the mask on my forehead and started to beat my hands .... and I was noticed. And nobody cared about screaming ... like this.
Tomorrow I will write about the pressure chambers of Hurghada and how they are bred for money, about hospitals and the difference between them, and about Egyptian medicine as a whole.
P.S. A convincing request, you do not need to share your opinion, show how well you can count on tables and so on. It does not interest me at all, there will be a ban, immediately and mercilessly. This is written solely so that someone in such a situation probably remembered the read and did not make such mistakes. Dot.

PART 3

My experience in treating caisson disease in Egypt. And just about Egyptian medicine.
Perhaps, this post once useful to someone in a similar situation. It is always better to learn from other people's mistakes.
So, on April 15, 2017, somewhere in the lunch area, I was dragged aboard after an emergency ascent from a deep dive. By that time, my legs were almost numb, my hands were tied up, but still slightly obedient, numbness rose over the torso and was just below the navel.
All that I managed to say: Deep dive, oxygen! And I started kolbasit. To the honor of the guys from the ship (it was not our ship, but one of the neighboring ones, all stood side by side to the board, but they also knew him in person), they did not get confused and acted quickly and harmoniously. I was put on my left side and started to take off my equipment, while someone else ran after the balloon with oxygen. They took off their waistcoats, gloves, unbuttoned their jackets .... when they removed the whole suit, I do not remember, but it was not immediately accurate. They gave me a mask with oxygen. I still had time to see someone familiarly on the ship, to say hello, and then the darkness began to dawn and hell began.
Kessonka, if explained as simple as not knowing, it's like taking a jar of cola and shaking it for a long time, and then open it. The foamy liquid strikes outward. So in this case, the cola is all the body fluids, blood, lymph, urine, saliva .... and your body is the same jar around the liquid. No one has opened the lid and boils it all inside you.
Really it was AD. For all that, although I was half-unconscious, but even in such a state, I felt how each cell of the body burns, burns and vibrates as the water pipes vibrate, in which water flows very high. And it burns as if you are being smeared with the most burning pepper and at the same time immersed in the snow, along the way roasting on a fire and grinding in a meat grinder. The whole body was beating convulsions, and the convulsions were so strong that the four rather large men taking me to the deck, just flew like pins. And I screamed, screamed low, like a rumbling, but I remember at a certain moment as a flash of insane frightened eyes of a tourist hanging from the top with sandeka and looking down at me on the jumble. I suspect that from the second dive that day all the introvers refused. Forgive me, guys from the ship.
A little later, the pain began to recede, and the vision to clear up. On my subjective sensations it struck me for about half an hour, but then, from the words of my own, who had moved to the ship, it turned out that when they came I was silent and did not react to anyone.
I remember that when the most acute phase of pain passed, I began to ask, turn me to my right side, the stream that burned right and hurt many times. But I was told that on the left heart and not, that the bubbles that are now formed in my body, got into it and clogged the valve. I understood this, but a second later I began to ask again to turn, because the pain was unbearable.
The first balloon with oxygen was finished, the second one was brought from my ship and someone called the resque and called the rescue boat.
And it already became a little easier for me or I was used to it, and I already asked, see if you move your legs or hands. I did not feel my foot at all. His hands moved, but his fingers curved like a chicken's legs.
In total, from the time of surfacing to the arrival of the zodiac with the rescuers, it took 40 minutes. From what I understand now, it could have been better done, if someone had forcibly kept a mask of cancer on me. Because I was just given it and said to breathe. And then I pressed it myself, then I forgot it, or at least shifted it to talk. Much later, the doctor explained to me that it is necessary to press it as much as possible to breathe as much as possible with oxygen only, without the addition of atmospheric air. But then this ....
I was loaded onto the zodiac, Sam and Mustafa also climbed up. And the bot jerked to the shore. ****, even in my condition, I still remember how he jumped on the waves and how my head was beating against the bench. Periodically, I asked to slow down, so as not to knock off the head completely, slow down, but after a couple of minutes everything accelerated again.
On the shore, an ambulance was waiting for us, they gave me a new oxygen cylinder, in exchange for the one that breathed on the zodiac, and the ambulance took us to the local Hyperbaric chamber.
Small small building. Heat. I'm on a stretcher. And wild until freezing horror surrealism. I madly did not want to fly to Egypt at that time, with all my love for him, I did not knowingly do everything to make this trip fail, until the last I pulled out with tickets, even ogled because of this my favorite hotel. He considered options for Taya or Sri Lanka, but embarrassed the rainy season. As a result, flew to Egypt, but with a heavy heart. And then .... somewhere in the weeks of two houses I had a terribly drowsy dream. Some kind of incomprehensible production room, steam clubs and hissing, like in ancient special effects, some strange mechanisms, like machines and against the backdrop of all this dispute, a dispute with someone unseen. And I argue, well, look, where will I get the money, I'm straight from the sea, in shorts, I took something under the water under the water? And some voices around, suggesting writing a receipt for me, vouching, etc. .. In general, I woke up feeling dull and forgot the dream.

And then, in reality, a couple of weeks later I refuse to go to the room with a pressure chamber. Yes, there are no smoke clubs, but the compressor's operation and the hiss of compressed air are audible. And I lie on a stretcher in front of an open capsule and there is a dispute with a representative of the center.
You need to pay toli 3, toli 5 thousand euros. And pay before the session. Or Arab friends argue with him. I join the conversation. And I say practically the words from my dream: look at me, I'm in a diving suit, from there, according to yours, I now have to get the right amount? Especially such a sum? Egypt - the country of the olincluzy, many people fly with a couple hundred bucks with them and that's it. I have one and a half pieces, but still not enough.
I do not know anything, money is ahead, the employee says. Ok, I say, here's my bank card, I'll write home and money there will be thrown off, but this is the same time, today is Easter and not a banking day. We will write any receipts and leave any documents as collateral, Egyptian friends are also ready to leave the documents. But let me go, ****, into your ******* camera, I need URGENT help, every second is expensive.
But the local is adamant and insists on prepayment. Dead end. I understand that I'm losing valuable time, I ask my own, are there any other pressure chambers? They say that there is one more in El-guna and one in the army hospital, but there is not for civilians.
We are trying again to convince the staff to put in the camera for any guarantees, but without success.
And then one of my men runs up and says that through friends in the army they agreed that a military pressure chamber will take me. We throw everything and go to the ambulance there.
The difference is colossal, a huge pressure chamber with a lock at the military against a small camera in an honest center. Dr. Tarek, as the head of the barocenter turned out later, examines me, writes a conclusion and says that now you will be on your feet from the cell and from there. Numbness rises to this point until the solar plexus, begins to nausea. The doctor asks Sam about the depth, he says 110. He asks him about the details of the ascent. I hear it all from the corner of my ear, I try to call the doctor, to say that the depth was greater, but he does not hear me.
They put a dropper, ask to sign an obligation to pay and give a passport for a passport. I send a friend to the hotel for him, and I go to the camera myself.
Together with me come Mustafa and a military nurse who must accompany us.
Here is the photo moment before the camera itself and Dr. Terek on the right in the form.
In the cell, I must sit according to the US Navy tables for 7 hours. Initially, at an equivalent of 50 meters, then in the middle of the time rise to 25. I ask whether I will go after the camera, say yes, everything will be ok.
We drop in at the camera. Begin to pump up the air, click the ears, constantly blown. Mustafa is sitting next to him, in front of the nurse. They pee about something, I'm a little cut off. Periodically, a nurse brakes me and gives me a bottle of water, drink, drink says. Somewhere in an hour, suddenly I suddenly get sick, I ask for a bucket, it does not cause anybody's joy, the nurse pushes Mustafa's bucket with his foot, and brings me to it.
In total, during these 7 hours in the cell, attacks of nausea rolled 3-4 times, periodically the doctor rang the wire phone inside the nurse and asked me to do something with me. They were obviously expecting some other result than what was happening to me. The gateway was opened twice, and the doctor entered the cell, changed the dropper, and took some measurements. I was half asleep, I asked only, is it okay? Yes, everything will be well answered and left. I slowly realized that everything would not be visible, but there was some kind of indifference and detachment. After 7 hours, the camera was opened. I was taken out on a gurney.
At the same time my state of health only worsened, numbness reached the level of the nipples, my stomach swelled, and my legs were not felt. I ask, uh, so, and when I feel better. It takes a little time, Maxim, we did everything we could and brought all the nitrogen out of your body, but it takes time to recover.
What should I do? Can I go to the hotel or? Well, you can go to the hotel in principle, but I would advise you to go to the hospital this night as a reinsurance. Rate it !!!! Okay, I have no experience of the disease, but even the doctor, the head of the hyperbaric center with a lot of experience, and he assesses my condition as a short-term problem and if at first he expected me to stand right after the altitude chamber, now he is more pessimistic, that this business is 1-2 days !!!!!!
It is my unjustified conviction that if you did not die from the caisson under water, then the pressure chamber will immediately put it on its feet, you will simply be very poor, and led me to such a state. I was absolutely not afraid of the depth and the caisson, I realized that I could pay for the camera in case of what and felt like God in his bosom.
ONLY NO ABSENCE OF OTHER DIVERS EXPERIENCE THROUGH THE HEAVY FORM OF KESSONKA, AND FALSE CONFIDENCE AND UNSPECIFIED TO ME. If I had previously read somewhere about a similar situation, I would have taken deep immersings seriously seriously. And since the caisson was just a scary and nothing more, well, think, if that, I'll pay for the camera and I'll dive further.
Read my experience and remember, the pressure chamber is not a panacea and the consequences of the hard stage are terrible !!! I'm not at all sure that I was more fortunate than the one who drowned. Really. Often it seems to me that it would be better if I did not float at all than pass through what I had to go through to and through what still remains.
In the next post I'll write about Egyptian hospitals, a system of total corruption and extortion, and about the wonderful people who met me on my way to Hurghada.

30729309_10210711241008152_7873815805471752192_n.jpg

P.S. Any visitors with cerebral incontinence and wishing to be clever, leave their own cool experience, start me something here to prove with some figures, comment on my actions and so on. - immediately to the ban.
I'm completely not interested in your opinion, clever in my kitchen. This is written for those whom it is possible to withhold from the repetition of my experience.

PART 4

Egyptian hospitals and mutual guarantee.
El Causer hospital - never go there either foot !!!!

Here and thereafter, sometimes, not everyone will have pleasant physiological details and even possibly a photo of my injuries or injuries. Also, where it conveys my mood, will mate. If you are not ready for this, do not read it. I will not specifically hide something or use euphemisms, let the cruel truth serve as a lesson to others.
The previous post ended with the fact that I was rolled out of the pressure chamber, but the state subjectively only worsened. To my question, to go to the hotel or hospital, the doctor said that it is possible and in the hotel, but just in case it's better to spend this night in the hospital, you never know.
I asked if there were wards in them and whether they could remain lying, and received an answer that they were a military institution and there was no hospital for civilians. It is a pity, of course, but what can you do, gathered and left.
I only had the usual travel insurance, in which it is explicitly said that it does not cover diving. Although funny, that's purely theoretical: the hosts of the host are actively selling diving, and if something happens to the tourist on diving? After all, it turns out that the insurance is "not alley" ... no one when selling "diving excursions" profile insurance for a tourist for 2 unfortunate intro immersion does not. But it is so, the lyrics.
So, I did not have any diving insurance, and I was not fully aware. The specificity of my dives is that we either do not work very shallowly on our business, I do not expect any problems there. Or we climb so deep that it violates all the permits for recreation. And I specifically learned that in this case there will be a waiver of payment for diving insurance.
The insurance approach will be extremely simple. Show the computer. Depth of 60 meters? Show the certificate. Your certificate does not allow diving to such depths. All the best to you, there is no money for you, you stay there.
But, just in case, I still decide to call the insurance, you never know. I call, describe the situation, I myself ask, insurance, I suppose, will not work? They say, most likely not. And advise to go to El Kawser hospital. I ask why, because there is no insurance. They say that the hospital is good, and the doctor from your hotel cooperates with them, this is for the future, and the reception is Russian-speaking.
With communication in English, I have no problems, but since I basically do not care where to go, why not in this one. I agree, the girl from the insurance says, I will prepare everything, they will wait for you. Thank you. Let's go.
Come, we are really expected. At the reception and really a Russian girl, it's still a little faster to make out. They want to go straight to the ward, but I'm not the first time in Egypt. Let's first agree on the price, I will pay, and not insurance. Everything will be fine. No how much money you say at the beginning. Well, you have a serious condition, you need an intensive care unit, the price will be $ 350 - this includes all medications and procedures. I specify the ratio - 300 for the intensive care unit, and 50 for the medicine. Okay, I agree.
They put him in the ward. Room, centered bed with electric adjustment, window. Put a pin on the finger to monitor the pulse. They put a dropper, they pour something. And they put two Arabs to look after me. *******, it's not clear. Neither boom boom in English. The point of them is like a goat's milk. When trying to ask for something, they only say that everything is good and Allah will help.
The doctor comes, brings some horrifying construction of hoses and suggests to shove it into my penis directly. I put it mildly, I ask, but what for? Explains that I need to write. I say, yes, I do not want something yet. And do not even come near me with this, when I want, I'll write it myself. Well, no, so no, leaves. They measure pressure, temperature, examine me, interrogate me, give me some medicine, give injections.
Temperature 38 with something, closer to 39 more often. Everything is pretty confused, I periodically cut down, it's already a deep night. The doctor comes up telling me something about the gases in the blood, but his English is even worse than my Arabic. I say that the gases came out in the pressure chamber and fall asleep. At night he is feverish, but I do not remember the pain, maybe they were, but I do not remember. Sometimes I wake up, jump on the bed. Well, I rather try to jump up, but the body does not obey.
Legs in general are strangers, the right lays a dead weight, I do not feel it absolutely, the left one is also missing, but I can slightly shake my thumb. Hands from the shoulders are cramped, constantly numb and numb. The body is numb somewhere up to the level of the nipples. To understand the degree of paralysis - in the stomach and thigh, injections are quite painful, according to the doctor - sensations zero.
Sometimes I wake up and ask to drink, give. At some point, opening my eyes, I see a doctor near me, he says something about taking blood and stabbing my hand. I do not understand if it's a dream or a reality, I'm cut off again. At 4 I wake up from the fact that these two nurses on the floor half a meter from the bed begin to pray loudly after the muezzin. I'm quite normal to Muslims, but then just yell at them, you're ******, shut up or get out of here. Smiling and nifiga do not understand. Noise, the doctor comes running. I explain that they do not give me sleep. He says something to them, one leaves, the second falls silent. I fall asleep.
In the morning doctors come and start asking questions. And I'm still waiting for me to be discharged, I'll get up on my feet and go to the hotel. There is absolutely no understanding of the severity of the injuries, but the military doctor told me that I'm in hospital all this night. I am absolutely sure that this is a temporary weakness and that's all. But the doctor says that I'm too early for a hotel, and I need to lie still in the hospital.
Damn. I ask if you have an MRI. Back then, I suffered earlier, so I less understood the possibility of her injury after surfacing. He says that we do not have an MRI, but we will agree and organize everything. Well, ok, come on.
At the same time, some unhealthy and at first incomprehensible movement starts from those who want to help. And the fact is that on the previous day I wrote to friends briefly about the situation and asked me to urgently throw me $ 3000 on the card in reserve. And in parallel, without my knowledge, the girl tour operator and mostly my friend's wife, also from the tourism industry, developed activity on the FB in search of help to me. Even organized the fundraising and a few strangers threw me some money.
On this I was very angry afterwards, because I had money, I did not ask for financial help, but simply asked me to drop them quickly to pay for the pressure chamber. Therefore, I categorically asked to stop raising funds.
And that day, as a whole, I was very distracted by all these calls and messages, where strange people who know someone who knows someone who was once seen by someone somewhere in medicine. Basically, they were bored Russian ladies who settled in Hurghada and are now suffering from idleness.
For example, someone called almost with a proposal right now to come and roll me out with a crystal ball. Well at least not an egg of the pharaoh.
I write to stop, I do not have time to answer all and distract from the main communication with doctors. And it's very difficult to write to me, the fingers of my hands are made into the likeness of a bird's paw, my hands are shaking and twitching, I can not not type anything, I even write a completely unreadable text on the phone's keyboard. I'm wildly afraid that I can not even write normally. I want to hurl the phone against the wall. And then I remember the voice dialing. It's also a circus, but really my messages became more understandable than with my hands.) It's a pity the Vibeer has fallen and I can not find the texts from the correspondence of those days, it would be amusing to read this abracadabra.
On the whole, it was on that day, amid my state of health and confusion, that I was more in the way of help from outside support than I was helping. But later, when the "bored ladies" have all phoned back, a huge practical benefit has gone.
For example, among all the callers, there is also a certain Sergei, who promises to drive up and help. I think, well, I need you, than you will help me, only time for you to waste and distract.
I remember the quotation of M. Gorky from school days: what a block, what a manly human!
Forgive me, Serdj Red Sea for the initial thoughts about you. You really turned out to be HUMAN with a capital letter and did more for me than a different native person could do !!!! I am indebted to you for everything. I highly recommend this person to Hurghada! By the way, he organizes posh safaris, as it turned out later, and in general there was a feeling that he could solve any problem throughout Egypt. Health to you and long years, buddy!

And ever since and until my arrival in Kiev, this rescue headquarters, led by the wife of my friend Anya, was for me almost the main center of communication with the world and solving problems. Anya, I will not call you Cob or Human, for I'm afraid to snap at such epithets, but to overestimate what you have done for me you can not! I'm really sincere and insanely grateful to you. I do not know how to express it in words, but I really hope that it feels alive !!!
They created a group in Vaiber "Save the Bearded Max" for a few select friends and I already threw all the problems and needs there, and they solved them. Any problems that arose with me, starting from financial ones and injecting with communication with the embassy, doctors in Ukraine, getting me any necessary information and, most importantly, searching for tickets home. But this will be a separate post in due time.
So, back to our sheep. The doctor comes. We have organized an MRI, soon our ambulance will be ready, get ready, everything will be in the best possible form. Ok, I say, but how much money? Good price, the best in Hurghada, do not worry. Good is how much? Very good, Maxim, only 900 euros for a picture.
.... 900 euros for 1 shot ?? ........ you ohuel or how? !!!!!!!!!!!!
What **** 900 euros for a single MRI photograph? Well, this is a very good price, believe me, in Hurghada such prices. Yes you piss me, the price of such a picture is 50, a maximum of 80 euros and then with a mark-up for abroad. No, there are no such prices anywhere in the world. Go **** shorter !!!! I'll go myself on an MRI.
My friends come and tell them the situation. They say that this is not a very honest hospital, they are bred for money, we agreed that you will be taken to the Red Sea hospital (or Red cross, I do not remember exactly), there is an MRI there. Great, let's go. I request an invoice for payment. Bring an account for $ 350, as agreed, pay. Thus, I close all obligations to El Kawther Hospital in my understanding. The chamber is paid for me somewhere up to 23, exactly for a day from the moment of "settling in". The clock is something in the area of 18-19. I say, we leave from you, we will go to the MRI, call us an ambulance for transportation, we will pay for it. Yes, yes, we will organize everything. And then the ******* begins.
Where's the ambulance? They go, they go. Oh, Maxim, and we talked there, only for you knocked out the price for an MRI of 800 euros. Go ****. Later ... where is the ambulance? They're coming. Oh, and let's MRI 700? ****.
In general, time drags on and on, there is no ambulance, the state of health is terrible, the temperature and pressure are very high. My friends tell me that the hospital deliberately takes the time to 23, then to start counting the new day and demand payment, that this is a famous divorce here. I start to really swear, demanding an ambulance. Friends of the Egyptians, too. From the hospital they come to me with a proposal of 500 euros for a picture and we guarantee that no one will cheaper you, believe me, it will. I'm going along the old route and I promise that if the ambulance does not continue, I'll call the insurance and complain. As a result, in almost 10 minutes before the end of the paid period, the car is still driven.
We leave with an easy heart. But everything was just beginning .....
On the way to the new hospital, my friends told me that they had agreed, the MRI would cost $ 90, but they kept telling me that I did not say who I was, what my name was, where I was lying, etc., if they found out that they were lying in the El Causer hospital, they will not make a normal price. I neigh, that for nonsense, but promised to remain silent.
They bring it to the hospital .... well, that's .... El Causer is a private clinic, but it's something like a district hospital, a repair, a crowd, crowds of visitors and so on. But we'll see, I think. They take me to the MRI in the corridors, I answer all the questions, I feel bad, I'm showing Sam, ask everything from him. Practically we reach an MRI, but then an employee comes to meet us and begins to argue with our escort. Sometimes I hear my name. I see how sad the worker greeted us and the faces of friends are stretched out. Something for a long time arguing. I ask Sam what's wrong. Says they found out that you were lying in El Causer and refuse to do MRI at the old price. I ask, but how much do they want? Not less than 550 euros. Otherwise, they will have problems with El Causer. What kind of tin I ask. Here are the orders here, the first hospital while waiting for the ambulance, rang all the MRI and told everyone that you are their client and they should give you an MRI price of at least 500 euros.
I, frankly, in ahue, gently say. I that their property or what? Well, here are the morals here .....
In general, in an MRI, a cheaper 550 is denied. I so understand 500 - a rollback and 50 - the real price. Bitches ..... I say, then we go from here nafig. And where, ask.
I look at the repairs around, on the chambers and I say, it's almost midnight, we're going back to El Kawther, at least the wards are normal and there I was already. We'll spend the night, and in the morning we'll decide. Moreover, I feel somehow very unwell. Against the backdrop of temperature and pressure, for some reason I'm constantly getting nauseated.
We drive back to El Causer.
We are coming. I say, and we again decided to return to you. Well, they say, your room is waiting for you. No-no-no, I do not want to go back to intensive care, I do not see any sense in it. Are there ordinary wards? They convince me that I need only resuscitation and others do not, but when I threaten to go to another hospital, they reluctantly show another ward. Yes, it is smaller, but in her bed adjustments are manual, not electric, but there is no window in it. Well, it's okay, I have a good number in the hotel, but here it is only necessary to spend the night near the doctors. What price ? 100 $ Wow. So a $ 150 room with medicines and are populated? No, you, we do not know how much medicine will cost. Why do not you know? Well, it depends on what the doctor will appoint you. Stop, your doctor, I do not have to appoint anything according to plan, he's a simple on-duty therapist. And I have with me an appointment with a specialist from a military hospital, according to which you have treated me this day. So the medications will be exactly the same ... .Mink, but agree.
We are settled in the ward. But then they come running from the reception. And you still owe us money! For what? For tests! What other tests? Well, our doctor has given you different tests. Did I give consent to them to do and pay? Er, well, the doctor knows better. If he knows better, he will pay.
We can not reach a consensus, I ask, is there anyone from the leadership? In the morning they will, well, then I'll sleep and talk in the morning. OK.
I want to sleep, but I'm somehow very unwell. Nausea more and more. I remember, I have not written for more than a day and a half. As he left yesterday in the vicinity of 11 under the water, and never. I see that my stomach is very swollen, I do not feel anything, I do not need any urges, but I understand that this is abnormal. I call the doctor, I ask, what did you bring to me for adaptation to write? Bring it again. Now I know that this is called a permanent Foley catheter. But then ... ..this is scarier than sharks. The rubber tube is one cubit long and almost as thick as a pencil. And in the second hand a syringe ....
Mom dear, you are going to put it in my penis ?????? And most importantly, why do you need a syringe?
Explains that yes, we shove it inside, right into the urinary. A syringe then pumped saline and at that end inside the urinary balloon balloon and will not let the catheter fall out. So it will be for me for a long time? Yes, until you start to write yourself. Pipets ....
Stremno, but I understand what is needed. I say, pop it. The process itself will not be described in detail, but it is not very pleasant, it helped that I did not feel anything. Staged and with me as poteklo .... Dark brown liquid in color as pepsi-cola. At first I even thought it was blood. But it turned out to be excessively concentrated urine. Now after a lot of time and gaining experience, I understand what risk I was then exposing the kidneys. And no ******* doctor explained this to me then, came and asked, we set, no, so no. I would not have asked myself, probably would not have been invited to offer.
This is by the way about taking care of a patient in a hospital. And that it was clearer, the second example. I was dragged from the salt water around 11-12 days on April 15. Since then, I have been lying in the sun, then sweating in the hot, stale air of the pressure chamber, etc. On the body were directly saline divorces. Abundant, noticeable. But no one, bitch, no one is what I did not wash, and I did not even wipe it off over the past day. It is this half a day's laying in the salt and sweat that I explain that I started to develop bedsores rapidly. About the pressure sores, by the way, I also remembered myself.
Relatively shortly before my mother-in-law broke the stroke, so I understood the possible problems. I myself ask to turn over and see how it is there, whether there are bedsores. And it turned out that by the evening of the second day I already had open wounds on my sacrum. I for a day and a half slipped through the first stage of redness and bedsores have already opened. Seeing the wounds the staff ran, I was finally wiped off the salt and brought an anti-decubitus inflatable mattress. Do not ask to turn yourself over, maybe you yourself would not have done it.
As a result, having eased myself and having treated something with bedsores, I fell asleep. In the hand, a dropper, in a member of the hose, on the side of the basin for vomiting - rightly my dream of a rest in Egypt.

Thanks so much, АлександрД for sharing this tale!
I can't imagine the sheer terror of being in a foreign land with such a life threatening injury.
We can debate the wisdom of a bounce to 100m, but the OP has done a fair job of self-criticism. He might have gotten away with this by himself. The follies of youth.
Lol, but we're sure more politically correct in our posts here, aren't we?
...quite a tale.

Man, but I wish I could write an entire hospital medical record as briefly as that one! Lol! Do you think that covers the whole stay? Unbelievable.
Thank the Lord for the U.S. EMTALA rules that guarantee you emergency treatment regardless of your ability to pay. You may be in debt for the rest of your life, but at least you don't have to argue about it while fizzing.

DAN forever!
I never heard about problems with treatment when you have DAN insurance.
Is better to pay 80-90euro each year, than to have so seriuos problems with health and life.

In this story I see just one problem. Person problem.
He do not want to hear any other opinion, just his own.

It was a problem before, when people (divers) everywhere talking - do not dive deeper your limits (also with impropper gases and equipment).
It was a problem after, when others try to describe any mistakes in this dive, at least as lesson for other divers - he do not wish to hear it.

and one more notice - at the all russian diving forums I always talking:
NEVER HAVE DIVE IN THREE!!!

just one situation could be, when you dive "in three" - two is normal buddies, third - have this dive as solo diver.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom