Ideas for ultralight solo rig for petite diver gal?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... but I would suggest anything smaller then the 13 is worthless and here is why I say that: when you go to your redundant air supply, there is a reason why you are doing that. That "reason" is going to cause you some anxiety, the larger redundant air supply will give you the confidence to slow down, problem solve, and make your exit without you feeling rushed.

That certainly depends on your diving profile, skill, and confidence. Certainly if you are staying above 60 feet and are not prone to panic, a 6cf is plenty. I always traveled with a 13cf and it was doable. I found that for my diving style and skill set a 6cf was fine and a whole lot more transportable. Not everyone needs 20 minutes of independent air.

You might try a small set of doubles that are not connected by a manifold. One reg on each and you can switch back and forth between them like the side mount divers do. For water that shallow a pair of 30s should be enough.

Back
Top Bottom