Identification and advice on service and retrofit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DEVILDOG

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hi,
I was given this ScubaPro MK20 regulator. I'm wondering if anyone can determine the age and also is it worth retrofitting to be used as a DIN deco reg? Any idea what servicing and DIN retrofit would cost and if it would hold up to cold water diving? I've no experience with SP but respect it is a trusted brand. Any assistance is appreciated.
20200701_134337.jpg
20200701_134317.jpg

you can either remove the spec boot or fill it with christolube/tribolube. the latter option just adds cost to the rebuild. if you aren't doing the work yourself, expect it to run about 150 to 200 dollars between the rebuild, service kits, din fitting, and extra tribolube/christolube at the end for everything at retail pricing.

Hi,
I was given this ScubaPro MK20 regulator. I'm wondering if anyone can determine the age and also is it worth retrofitting to be used as a DIN deco reg? Any idea what servicing and DIN retrofit would cost and if it would hold up to cold water diving? I've no experience with SP but respect it is a trusted brand. Any assistance is appreciated. View attachment 595900 View attachment 595901
Hello. This may be helpful.
Cheers.
http://www.daniel-diving.com/documents/manuals/Scubapro MK20-MK25 Repair Guide.pdf

Attachments

• Scubapro G 250 Detail.pdf
    634.6 KB · Views: 159
That is one of the better, long lasting and reliable regulators ever built, widely employed for tech diving in extreme conditions.
It can be easily serviced by yourself, using original parts which are easy to find on Internet, or here on SB (just ask @buddhasummer ).
The DIN KIT is inexpensive, and you can install it yourself (or switch back to yoke) in less than one minute.
I have just bought two on Ebay:
ScubaPro Din Conversion Kit Universal 4048336095174 | eBay

you can either remove the spec boot or fill it with christolube/tribolube. the latter option just adds cost to the rebuild. if you aren't doing the work yourself, expect it to run about 150 to 200 dollars between the rebuild, service kits, din fitting, and extra tribolube/christolube at the end for everything at retail pricing.

No SPEC boot on a MK-20. He can have the TIS piston, spring and bushing upgrade done if it hasn’t been done already.

Both of those are easy to service if you have the tools and I have converted several to DIN.

Upgraded to current specs, both make perfectly fine back-gas regulators. Even the best modern stuff only beats it by the tiniest margin. I could dive that combo forever with no complaints.

Back
Top Bottom