If you could only dive one place -- anywhere in the world -- for the rest of your life...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Interesting question. Do we assume the site stays the same? No hurricanes, coral predator outbreaks, or recovery of marine life? I've been diving 33 years in Puget Sound, 25 years on the same sites in Belize and Maui, and one-off trips to PDC/Cozumel, Florida and Bali. I've seen sites degrade and recover following hurricanes, and change with human impacts.

That said, for personal reasons I'd say Hawaii. The diving in Bali is better, but a family member has medical issues that are best served in the US. That aside, I'd move to Belize in a minute. English language and great people. I like the people in Bali, but immigration to Indonesia is a pain and I wouldn't want to be restricted to tourist visits.

Great Lakes. There’s so much here still to see.

Where I’ve been: Great Lakes - Michigan and Huron.

If I were to pick a place that is relatively convenient, it would be Cayman. If I were to pick an inconvenient place it would be Indonesia - if that can count as one place, gives one a lot of latitude. :)

If only one place for the rest of my life, Indonesia. Komodo and Raja Ampat are my gold standard.

I have dived:

Mexico (Cozumel)
Hawaii
Bahamas
Egypt (Red Sea)
Costa Rica (Bat and Cat Islands)
Philippines (Puerto Galera/Coron/Tubbataha)
Indonesia (Komodo, Raja Ampat, Lembeh)
New Zealand (Poor Knights)
Australia (Yongala, GBR/Osprey Reef/Coral sea)
California (Carmel/Monterey/Sonoma/Catalina/Channel Islands/San Diego)
Thailand (Ko Phi Phi)
French Polynesia (Tahiti/Moorea)

I guess it would be Palau. The Rock Islands are other worldly. I'd have my own boat with a compressor that I could live on for multi-day trips. I'd also go down to Peleliu (part of Palau) and dive the WWII wrecks.

I'd be on Searcraigh's boat. It's Indonesian diving all the way. My dive locale resume is on my profile.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom