If you could only...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

wader

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
If you could only have one set of fins for the rest of your diving life, which fin would you choose and why?

Dive Rite XTs. Fit me perfectly, comfortable, powerful, useful for all kicks.
upload_2017-4-27_8-13-44.png

I love my dive rite xt's in a drysuit or thick wetsuit. Struggling to like them in shorts/dive skin. All the things you said are true, they're just very negatively buoyant.

I love my dive rite xt's in a drysuit or thick wetsuit. Struggling to like them in shorts/dive skin. All the things you said are true, they're just very negatively buoyant.
I always dive them in a wetsuit, I have no problem with their buoyancy

I have a high instep... and am now deciding between the Hollis Batfin (x1) or the Deep6 fin. I wear real boots while diving so I use the XXL. I've tried the Dive Rites, but they really pinch the top of my foot. I want a blade fin, but the foot pocket is the most important feature for me.

As for buoyancy, the Deep6 fins actually float. Let them go at depth and they gradually come to the surface. I like that, except when putting them on in the water. However, when it's time to come off, they are simply brilliant. I might start using the Hollis in the Springs and the Deep6 on boats.

Wetsuit DR XTs, powerful, robust and can do all kicks.

Drysuit: Mares Power Planas, same as above but with added weight

I have a high instep... and am now deciding between the Hollis Batfin (x1) or the Deep6 fin. I wear real boots while diving so I use the XXL. I've tried the Dive Rites, but they really pinch the top of my foot. I want a blade fin, but the foot pocket is the most important feature for me.

As for buoyancy, the Deep6 fins actually float. Let them go at depth and they gradually come to the surface. I like that! This is a problem when putting on fins in the water. However, when it's time to come off, they are simply brilliant. I might start using the Hollis in the Springs and the Deep6 on boats.

I have both the deep6 and the Hollis. I recommend both. I use the deep6 when diving wet, and the Hollis when diving dry. the foot pocket on the deep 6 is the best I have used.

I just surprised that it took this long for someone to realize that the top of a foot isn't a flat surface.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom