If you could only...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My choice is the Force Fin Hockey Fins - they are powerful, do all the kicks, never cause me leg cramps and will live on forever.

Yellow Hockey Fins.jpg

Wetsuit: Scubapro Jets
Drysuit: Hollis F1

Since you said one fin I would go with F1 simply because it can fit both drysuit and wetsuit boots. It also has a better spring strap than SP jets.

Before posting I checked what I'd written in my posting to the thread "What are your favorite fins and why?" in May 2008. Back then I came up with four models:

Alfaplastik Del'fin
delfbig-jpg.45627.jpg

Escualo Clasica
wpdb60e007-gif.45628

Balco Sprint
fins11-jpg.45629

Gull Mew
mew_color_10-jpg.45630

Nine years on, I would still go for this selection.

Escualo.jpg

For the purpose of this thread, however, where we are being asked to narrow down our choice to one fin model, I would now plump for the Escualo Clasica (above), which sadly has recently been discontinued by its manufacturer in Mexico. Why this option? The Clasica is a comfortable, classic full-foot fin, so perfect for the gentle style of snorkelling I do these days that I almost forget I'm wearing them. Thanks to its raised instep, the pocket matches my foot dimensions precisely. The fins have a classic, gimmick-free simplicity. For me, fit is the main criterion when choosing fins. These fins provide me with all the manoeuvrability and endurance I need when I snorkel in the cold waters of the North Sea off the coast of the North East of England.

In conclusion, I am not going to recommend them to anybody else, because they represent my choice and nobody else's. Each to their own.

One pair for everything, Sherwood Triton, seawing novas a close second.

Deep6 Eddy Fins. I have tried a few pairs of fins on and dove with three. The Deep 6 are the most comfortable by far and generate a lot of power but also great control. I did cramp up a bit using them but my other dives had been with, dare I say it, split fins. :eek:

I still like my splits for long surface swims when shore diving but other than that, Deep 6 will always be a part of my dive gear.

Deep6 Eddy Fins. I have tried a few pairs of fins on and dove with three. The Deep 6 are the most comfortable by far and generate a lot of power but also great control. I did cramp up a bit using them but my other dives had been with, dare I say it, split fins. :eek:

I still like my splits for long surface swims when shore diving but other than that, Deep 6 will always be a part of my dive gear.

I'm currently using the Twin Jets, but I don't like the propulsion they provide (or don't provide) when frog kicking. Thinking about getting Eddy Fin. I know Twin Jet is supposed to be close to neutral, but the Eddy is slightly positive. Have you had any issues with floaty feet while diving wet?

Back
Top Bottom