• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

If you had $200

Discussion in 'Computers, Gauges, Watches and Analyzers' started by JamesAAAA, Jun 11, 2019.

1. Centrals

Centrals Barangay Pasaway

# of Dives:
    I100.
    One button is NOT an issue for me whatsoever. Just don’’t rush if you have to change the parameter.

JamesAAAA likes this.
  2. JamesAAAA

JamesAAAA Angel Fish

Thank you for your input. Do you have any issues reading the display in light low?

3. MargaritaMike

MargaritaMike Divemaster

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    Based on your criteria, and budget: If "I" had $200 "I" would buy the I300C. You don't need the Bluetooth now. However, in 6 months, a year, or even 3 years from now you might and you won't have to spend a dime. It's a good computer and will probably serve you well. BUT it's your arm that will be wearing it, not mine.

Good luck with you decision.
    Cheers -

Edit: I have not owned any of them, however, I DID consider a I300 before I saw the computer I now own.

JamesAAAA likes this.
  4. dmaziuk

dmaziuk Great White

I'd buy a Mares Puck at LP and a bottle of Kirkland bourbon and a carton of Mexican coke at my nearest Costco.

JamesAAAA likes this.
  5. scubadada

scubadada Diver Staff Member ScubaBoard Supporter

Hi @JamesAAAA

I would find an extra $70 and buy an Oceanic Geo 2 from LeisurePro. Nice, 4 button, watch style computer running DSAT amd PZ+. If no need for the download cable, saves you the extra $100

outofofficebrb likes this.
  6. JamesAAAA

JamesAAAA Angel Fish

Why not consider the i200? Aren’t they the same computer.

7. scubadada

scubadada Diver Staff Member ScubaBoard Supporter

No, the Oceanic computer runs two deco algorithms, DSAT, which is liberal, and PZ+, that is middle of the road, or moderate. The Aqua Lung runs only PZ+.

Personally, I've been diving DSAT since 2002, I could never dive PZ+, just me

RIHappyDiver likes this.
  8. RIHappyDiver

RIHappyDiver Barracuda

# of Dives: 50 - 99
    @scubadada beat me to it.

The Aqualung computers only run PZ+ algorithm, whereas the Oceanic computers can run either PZ+ or DSAT. My understanding is that PZ+ is a middle of the road algorithm in regards to conservatism, while DSAT is a bit less conservative. I use a Geo 2 set to PZ+ as my primary and an i300 as backup. If I can find a used Geo 2 I’ll replace the i300.

9. dmaziuk

dmaziuk Great White

Welcome to ScubaBoard. You don't care for the algorithm? -- You must buy One True Algorithm. You don't care about the number of buttons? -- You must not buy single button. You aren't going to drop a grand on it? -- You gotta buy a Shearwater or YOUR GONNA DIE!!!

Seriously though, the only thing I know about your list is some people complain about zoop's buttons and pressure sensors. However I see way more zoops on my trips than AL computers, so I'm not entirely convinced that the noise is not due to bigger numbers.

10. nippurmagnum

nippurmagnum Angel Fish

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    I would buy a Cressi Leonardo for $175. Big screen, easy to read, easy to change the battery yourself, no frills, workhorse computer.

And you'd have enough left over for a case of Corona.