If you had to pick 1 cave...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I easily have 1000 dives in Ginnie. LOL.
I need to see something else. But, I’m pretty happy that you say that about Ginnie. I feel fortunate having that resource so close by.

It seems Diepolder and Indian are gone... at least for a while. I have dove those and like them a lot. I was also on the permit for Sally Ward and really like that cave. Not sure I’ll ever get to Twin Dees as I’m not part of that group and it’s not public access. I’ve never even heard of Sullivan.

I hold the record for being the guide with the shortest tenure in Diepolder. I was made a guide in February, it was closed at the end of March.

I hold the record for being the guide with the shortest tenure in Diepolder. I was made a guide in February, it was closed at the end of March.

That sucks. It just confirms what I always knew about the guy.
I’m sorry man.

You guys are seriously whittling away at my resistance to getting cave certified. Ginnie is only 4 1/2 hours away.

You guys are seriously whittling away at my resistance to getting cave certified. Ginnie is only 4 1/2 hours away.

Why the resistance? It’s the best diving to be had. The water doesn’t taste funny (like the ocean) No expensive boat rides. Usually you and your buddy are the only divers you encounter in the cave. You don’t have to rinse your gear afterwards. Usually no sea sickness, lol. And most caves can be entered for about $5/day. Last year think Ginnie cost me about $8/day.

Ginnie would be my one and only if you told me I could never dive anywhere else because of its diversity. If you've only dove Florida, you need to experience other places. Mexico is easy, cheap and awesome. France is amazing. French people in big cities are very different than Americans. I never got any hate, just a general french arrogance. In the country towns of the Lot where the caves are everyone is warm and open. It's like southern hospitality, but French. I hated Paris. People were rude. Not so in the Lot. One of the best parts of the Lot was years ago we were some of the only people diving sidemount there. So at the dive sites we would be giving funny looks and everyone would check out our gear.

I think I’m going to try Mexico first. Cheap and Easy, just how I like it. :)

Why the resistance? It’s the best diving to be had. The water doesn’t taste funny (like the ocean) No expensive boat rides. Usually you and your buddy are the only divers you encounter in the cave. You don’t have to rinse your gear afterwards. Usually no sea sickness, lol. And most caves can be entered for about $5/day. Last year think Ginnie cost me about $8/day.
I am still intimidated by it… The darkness! The planning! The quality and perfection needed in the gear! The training! I do think it’s scary, and I wish there were a good hyperbaric chamber nearby.

When I first moved to the southeast it wasn’t something I thought I’d ever want to do, but I have to admit the more I play in the ball room with my buddies the more possible it starts to seem.

I am still intimidated by it… The darkness! The planning! The quality and perfection needed in the gear! The training! I do think it’s scary, and I wish there were a good hyperbaric chamber nearby.

When I first moved to the southeast it wasn’t something I thought I’d ever want to do, but I have to admit the more I play in the ball room with my buddies the more possible it starts to seem.
4474065261_4f95455a3d_z.jpg

Not that I'd ever peer-pressure anyone into Cave Diving.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom