If You Like Italian Food.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LarrytSE

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I would not normally post about something like this but....
We went to Rolandi's Last nite and had the BEST dinner I have ever had on the island since we have been coming here. The food was nothing short of superb with service to match. The drinks taste like what you might expect in the States. And the pricing is very reasonable. The gorgonzola sauce with homemade linguine and shrimp is possibly the best I have ever had...
If you need a change of pace from the fish and seafood, give this one a try. Right across from MEGA.
Larry

Their pizza is delicious, too. And it's one the best places to sunset dine.
I'm headed there for a special dinner in a couple of weeks. Already looking forward to it!

I still prefer Guidos pizzas, but that view outon the deck at Rolandi's is top notch. May have to try the non pizza dishes when Im there this June!

Mullecito upstairs of rolandis for sunset drinks is a fav spot.

I was disappointed in the Spaghetti Puttanesca at Rolandi's - not enough garlic, not nearly enough red pepper flake, and they used canned ripe olives instead of kalamata olives - Yuck! It was really kind of bland - I make a much better Puttanesca sauce on my own at home. But I have had an excellent pizza there - Huitlacoche and Anchovies - it was outstanding.

Rolandi's is our go to restaurant out first night on the island. It's good and right on the water. Always a great way to start a vacation. Plus it's a short walk from El Cantil!

To each there own I guess, I've personally never been impressed with Rolandi's food, just seems mass produced without a lot of care or sophistication, think Guido's is just on a much different level if you want Italian food in Cozumel.

No question, Guidos wins for quality, hands down!

What about new Especias? that is pushing the Italian pretty hard? I think we were there once after the switch a few years ago.

What about new Especias? that is pushing the Italian pretty hard? I think we were there once after the switch a few years ago.
I liked it better the way it was, but that's just my opinion. I hope Adrian does well with it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom