If You Love Lizards, All Kinds, Especially Iguanas And Bearded Dragons, You Are Not Alone.....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

@DennisS

Very interesting informative article - thanks for sharing -- (Almost) Every thing was and still is edible.
even lizards..

I question what the people who are so demonstrative for animal rights are saying about consuming Iguanas ?

I had a patient who was a taxidermist and gave me a red stuffed chicken. Every Easter my staff would surround it with packaged candy Easter eggs for the patients-- not a problem !

I retired and my dear wife who was a senior community college VP at the time began using the chicken as an outer office décor at Easter.

All went well for several years -- Then PETA discovered the Stuffed chicken-- blatant cruelty to animals-- and animals have rights and should have dignity in death etc ..

So she removed it - never to be displayed again in her office.

Several years later I sold it to a local market where it acquired the name "Sam the chicken." It has been in the same place for 15 or more years with out a peep from PETA

If I lived in Florida I would be concerned that Iguanas will soon be on PETAs list...

Stranger things have happened

Sam Miller, 111

@DennisS

Very interesting informative article - thanks for sharing -- (Almost) Every thing was and still is edible.
even lizards..

I question what the people who are so demonstrative for animal rights are saying about consuming Iguanas ?

I had a patient who was a taxidermist and gave me a red stuffed chicken. Every Easter my staff would surround it with packaged candy Easter eggs for the patients-- not a problem !

I retired and my dear wife who was a senior community college VP at the time began using the chicken as an outer office décor at Easter.

All went well for several years -- Then PETA discovered the Stuffed chicken-- blatant cruelty to animals-- and animals have rights and should have dignity in death etc ..

So she removed it - never to be displayed again in her office.

Several years later I sold it to a local market where it acquired the name "Sam the chicken." It has been in the same place for 15 or more years with out a peep from PETA

If I lived in Florida I would be concerned that Iguanas will soon be on PETAs list...

Stranger things have happened

Sam Miller, 111

Sam, speaking of chickens, there is a very special variety called "Silkies." Occasionally they show up at our local Pasadena California animal shelter. They are believed to have originated somewhere in India or Asia and in fact they were once described by explorer Marco Polo. They are beautiful, and their feathers are more like puppy's hair; in fact, they look like puppies until you look at them really up close. Here is example in attached photo:

Attachments

• SILKIE CHICKENS WONDERFUL PETS.jpg
    SILKIE CHICKENS WONDERFUL PETS.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 118
.22 air rifle
Huh. Over here, airguns are specifically prohibited from being used for hunting. If you're going to kill something with it, it has to be powder propelled, and it has to go "bang" (unless you're using a suppressor, then it can go "pshht-pee-ooo!")

Huh. Over here, airguns are specifically prohibited from being used for hunting. If you're going to kill something with it, it has to be powder propelled, and it has to go "bang" (unless you're using a suppressor, then it can go "pshht-pee-ooo!")
What is the reasoning? I think here it's a firearms rule because of the distance a powder-propelled projectile can travel. Although the Colibri .22 is subsonic and doesn't have much more muzzle velocity than a pellet gun.

My city -- right in the middle of wine country and ranch land-- has an ordinance " Nothing that is propelled can be shot with in city limits" This includes sling shots. bb guns, pellet guns. fire arms, bow & arrows and cross bows.
Today I looked down on some rabbits in the back and side yard - took lucky for a walk and saw some quail and heard some turkeys in the a joining arroyo.

SDM.

I have no idea. Do you know the reasoning behind the various regulations in your legislation?
Again, I *think* it's because of the higher muzzle velocity and traveling distance and stopping power a .22 bullet represents, vs a .22 air pellet slug, which has enough stopping power for an iguana (they are kind of tender) but not a rat.

All discharge of any firearms are outlawed in this county unless at an indoor range or if you have enough land for an outdoor range.

Over here, only powder-propelled ammunition is allowed for hunting. And .22LR is allowed only for - and I quote - "game up to the size of a hare, but not for hare".

I can kinda, sorta understand the reasoning behind that regulation, even if I don't quite agree with it. Particularly since it isn't unequivocal as some species can be both smaller than and larger than a hare.

My city -- right in the middle of wine country and ranch land-- has an ordinance " Nothing that is propelled can be shot with in city limits" This includes sling shots. bb guns, pellet guns. fire arms, bow & arrows and cross bows.
Today I looked down on some rabbits in the back and side yard - took lucky for a walk and saw some quail and heard some turkeys in the a joining arroyo.

SDM.

I think everyone has missed the point: the iguanas want to "ride-share" with us on our dive journeys to exotic places still to be explored (attached photos here)

Attachments

• RENSHAW TIJUANA TAXI IGUANA RIDE SOUTH.jpg
    RENSHAW TIJUANA TAXI IGUANA RIDE SOUTH.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 119
  • IGUANA TIJUANA TAXI AND MEXICAN GIRL FRIEND GOING PLACES.jpg
    IGUANA TIJUANA TAXI AND MEXICAN GIRL FRIEND GOING PLACES.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 85
  • IGUANA TRAVELS.jpg
    IGUANA TRAVELS.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 127
  • JALOPY OLD CAR TEXAN SITTING ON IT DRINKING BEER.JPG
    JALOPY OLD CAR TEXAN SITTING ON IT DRINKING BEER.JPG