Ikelite 1" ball arms + Sea&Sea ys25 strobe

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uniqueimaging

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have a canon sd630 in an ikelite housing, with an ikelite tray. We have an extra set of 1" ball arms lying around here, and I'd like to mount my ys25 on them. The problem is that ikelite doesn't make an adapter for sea&sea strobes. Is there a ball adapter out there for sea&sea strobes on ikelite arms?

I found this one, and it uses a 1" ball.
Aquatica | Ball Head Flash Mount Adapter | 17691 | B&H Photo

has anyone else ever done this?

thanks,
-Mike

We have something very similar that should work. Let me confirm it and I'll get back to you. I'm going to order some YS25s and then test it out for you.

I thought about using the ultralight system stuff, but I didn't know if the o-ring on the ultralight stuff would work with the non o-ring balls of the ikelite system.

I took the plunge and ordered the aquatica adapter, and will test it when it arrives this week.

sigh. I wish ikelite would just create an adapter. I bought a housing and arms from them, but they want more of my money for their flash system.

I'll respond with results after i receive the part.

NLI tim, let me know what you find out. thanks.

Back
Top Bottom