For Sale Ikelite 200DLM Underwater Housing for Sony A6XXX

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Raacerx

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
I've got a mint condition Ikelite housing for a Sony A6000 mirrorless camera for sale, which can also be used with the other Sony A6XXX models (A6300, A6400, A6500) if you reprogram a button; one button is different, and I have confirmed this safely works.

The housing includes the intermediate port and wide angle glass port for a Sony 21mm ultra wide (weitwinkel) Conversion lens (which I also have for sale). In addition, it includes a Sentinel leak and vacuum valve installed, pump, and Ikelite dual handle tray for your strobes. You can either run optical to your strobes, or purchase a TTL board from Ikelite to run with their strobes. Lots of spare parts, including multiple new o-rings.

Used for a little under 100 dives before I upgraded to a Nauticam and full frame. The whole setup cost me over $2200 new, so I am asking only $750 for the package. I will include a brand new Sony 21mm UWC lens (converts the Sony FE 28mm F2 lens into a 21mm F2.8 wide angle) for an additional $100, but you will still need the Sony 28mm lens.

I have receipts for everything, all purchased new in 2018. No leaks, no scratches on the dome. Many more pics available.

The blue tape is just to keep everything together so the o-ring stays healthy.

xRWqMOEhr2pNt8cgymz4M_wh0CFM-QurIpWCUl3ffObXQz_RYPivanKyv6-n_2vg7svEdeOlCP6Kh6aVLJi_26VpCU=w2400.jpg

Hi Raacerx.

Can I check with you on "it can also be used with the other Sony A6XXX models (A6300, A6400, A6500) if you reprogram a button; one button is different, and I have confirmed this safely works." Which button is it and what reprogramming are you referring to? Was any functionality compromised? Which camera did you try it with?

The reason I'm asking: I own the same housing already, but I've flooded my A6000 yesterday :-( I don't like the A6000 much and am thinking of upgrading the camera to an A6400 while keeping the housing.
The housing is supposedly not compatible, the Ikelite website says "Differences in lens placement prevent newer a6100, a6300, a6400, and a6500 cameras from being used interchangeably in this housing. This housing only accommodates a6000 cameras." so I want to make sure I'm not missing anything. I've also emailed Ikelite and am waiting for a clarification.

Thanks for your help!

Hi Everyone,

In case someone else stumbles upon this thread.

OP's picture seems to be the housing A6910.61 for sony a6000.
For reference, Sony replaced the A6910.61 with the 69120, also for Sony a6000 only. There are other housing for other cameras, including the recently released 6911.64 which is now compatible with the a6100, a6300, a6400, and a6500 and accommodates the different camera dimensions.

Now, my housing is also the 6910.61 for the a6000.
Ikelite says on its website "The Sony a6000 and a6300 cameras are very similar in size and configuration. Unfortunately, differences in lens placement prevent the cameras from being used interchangeably in the same housing." I have reached out to customer service and they basically told me the same thing, that differences in lens placement may cause poor image quality, even if the two camera layouts are very similar.

But, the lens position on the a6000 and a6300 is exactly the same, and aligned with the tripod hole, so I did not agree with the justification. I was really not excited at the prospect of buying another a6000, so I then purchased the a6300 with the hope of using it with the 6910.61 and not having to buy another housing.

Turns out that the 6910.61 is NOT compatible out-of-the-box with the A6300. However, this has nothing to do with lens placement, but with the extra depth of the a6300, which is 3 to 4mm deeper than the a6000. This means that the controls are closer to the housing control panel, and the push buttons will keep on pressing the camera buttons, rendering it unusable.
Good news, however, the housing can be converted to make it compatible with the 6300, because 3-4mm is not much, but you'll have to be comfortable tearing apart the push buttons (this video was super helpful: )
Basically, the conversion required to remove the push buttons, use an aluminum file to trim about 3mm of the longest 7 push buttons; trim the polythingy-floater-type materials (the one that is framing the camera screen, and the one that is controlling the back wheel of the camera - a bit tricky, if you trim to much it will rotate in the void); and tweak the underneath tripod plate (i was easy to remove the depth stop and reglue it further back). The central push button used for the ok button is harder to file, we can only file about 1-2mm of it because below that there is the slot for the e-clip, so I could not put the plastic cover back over it or else it would keep on pressing the ok button. It can be used without the plastic cover.
The conversion was not very difficult to do and requires just very basic tool and a couple of hours.

So, overall, everything now looks all good and set for the dive with the a6300 and a6910.61. I have not used it underwater yet.

Because of the camera depth, the 6910.61 will definitely not be compatible with the a6400 or a6500.

Back
Top Bottom