Ikelite G15 Housing Options

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnSpoor

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hello everyone. I have a Canon G15 with Ikelite Housing, DS51 strobe and an Inon S2000 strobe working as a slave strobe. Now the DS51 seems to have given up and I am on holiday so need a solution quickly. I am thinking I can buy another S2000 (which I can get delivered within 2 days and not too expensive) but will it work with a fibre optic cable basically just taped to the front of the housing so it fires from the internal flash and then sets off the slave. Or am I looking at this the completely wrong way and there's a better solution that will work immediately. Buying another DS51 is too expensive. Thanks!

It should work fine, though you might want to use something (i.e. black tape inside the housing) to block the internal flash except for a small hole or slit to trigger the flash.

My buddy used such a system for years and just made an optical mount plate from a silicone baking sheet (cut a bit off the corner, punched a hole for the cable end and glued it to the outside of the housing). It held up without problem for many years.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom