Ikelite housing and switching from M to TTL

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hidroj

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Hy!

I know Ikelite has some advice on it's web site about that, but I really don't understand what they exactly mean.

What's happening? I can't change on my housing/strobe from iTTL to manual underwater. I'm using a Nikon D70 inside an Ikelite housing with a DS-125 strobe. When I turn the knob on the strobe from TTL to Full or 1/2 or whatever, at the housing 's iTTL control panel nothing happens. I thought then, "Oh, I forgot to change the setting at the camera!". But, of course, changing the setting through the D70's menu doesn't help either. It seems as if the Manual strobe mode won't be activable. Is that possible? I'm sure I'm doing something wrong. Recently I sent the housing to Ikelite due to a flood. They changed the whole iTTL Circuitry and now the hot shoe looks a bit different, a bit longer then before. I think they upgraded something but switching from manual to iTTL goes on beeing impossible.
Any advice?
Thank you very much!
Jordi

I don't use a D70/DS125, I use a D200/DS200s, so I might be completely wrong here.........

On my D200, you don't change from TTL to M on the strobes, you change it on the housing. Once you've set Manual on the housing, then you set the strobe to partial power.

Hidroj,
I have a D70s in the Ikelite 6807.1 iTTL housing with an Ikelite DS-125 strobe.
Look on the left side of the housing and you will see the vertical yellow & black strip where you can adjust the exposure up or down using the two up/down mode buttons at the bottom of the strip.

Just hold both those buttons down at the same time to switch the housing between manual & TTL.

-Chris

Ooooops!
Chris, you are right and I didn't read that part of the housing's user's manual carefully enough. (suppose was initially mostly interested in iTTL and didn't care for manual use, but now, trying to shoot some wide angle, manual becomes necessary).

Thank you very much!
:)

Jordi

Back
Top Bottom