Ikelite housing, Sony DSC-V3 and DS-125

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Randy8876

Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
I have these three items. I also have the #4100.5 TTL Digital Slave Sensor and the EV Manual Controller to connect up the flash.

So here is my question, what is the best way to connect all the for the simplest picture taking? I don't mind if the pictures don't all come out stunning, I'm more concerned about getting pictures taken easily now and learning how to take quality ones in the future.

alcina:
Ummm, I'm confused? Plug everything in and shoot?

The manual controller has various settings though. The TTL controller I have heard doesn't always work or only works in certain conditions. just curious which I should use, what setpoint is best for a night dive, what's best for clear daytime dive, etc.

Is the Padi digital photographer course worthwhile?

Ah, I haven't used the controller so not sure I'm much help. Are there any getting started instructions with the bits you got?

If the instructor is good, then yes, any UW photo course is good. But it's all in the instructor - not the agency or title of the course.

The PADI course alone is relatively lame. As Alcina says, it's all in the instructor. If you are more interested in the photography than the PADI merit badge, just find a good instructor and take what ever they offer PADI specialty or not.

I would shoot with the manual controller for sure. Even Ikelite admits the TTL sensor isn't that reliable. I have used both extensively on the same camera and got MUCH better results with the manual controller. Predictability is important for learning.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom