Ikelite issue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi there i have a problem with my ikelite housing . The F-stop button and the shutter speed button do not turn my camera dials. They just slip and and don't turn the inside camera dials. It is very frustraitng when you are diving and cant change either .

Regards
Justin

Justin,

If there is a small nylon washer between the control knob and housing gland, replace the knob leaving the washer off.
If no washer is present, loosen the knob slightly and move it up on the control shaft about 1/32nd - 1/16th of an inch, and then retighten knob. Make sure the knob is retightened on the control shaft flat, otherwise it will not be secure on the shaft.
If this does not fix the problem, please contact Ikelite customer service at 317-923-4523 from 10-5p EST.

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

I have the same problem with my Nikon D600 housing. Ikelite sent me a replacement part, but I still have the same problem. The unit was repaired just two years ago and had maybe 20 dives since.

mcknight4,

Some housing controls are designed to function primarily at depth so no undue pressure is placed on a camera control as a diver descends. These are normally housing controls that contact the camera on the surface, such as rotational type dials. In order to make these controls work on the surface, you must simulate water pressure by pushing down on the control dial while rotating it.

If you feel the housing is malfunctioning, please send it to our Service Dept.
Turnaround time is approx. 2 weeks from housing receipt.

Ikelite Underwater Systems
Attn. Service Dept.
50 West 33rd St.,
Indpls., IN 46208

Best Regards,

Brett Foster - Ikelite

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom