Ikelite TTL Converters?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cosmographer

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
So I'm about 2 weeks away from my Tubbataha liveaboard trip, and I woke up in the middle of the night wondering how my 2 ikelite strobes communicate with the camera. (This will be the first time I've used strobes with this system)

I've got a D810 with a 200DL housing and two DS-161's attached via dual sync cord. But I never bothered to understand how the camera connects to the bulkhead.

I've read in a few places that ikelite housings come with TTL converters, but I've also read that they are optional items. Can anyone advise me on whether I should be ordering a converter?

Google is your friend, from this page: 200DL Underwater Housing for Nikon D810, D810A DSLR Cameras

TTL Exposure
This housings supports your choice of shooting all manual or adding a TTL converter depending on your application. The flash bulkhead has been moved to the top of the case for improved cord routing and reduced strain. Reliable locking connectors between the hotshoe and bulkhead make it easy to install the optional TTL hotshoe or carry back up parts when traveling to remote locations.

You can enjoy the fastest and most accurate TTL exposure on the market by adding the DL1 DS Link TTL Converter # 46054 and a compatible Ikelite DS strobe. Exposure compensation can be used added or subtracted in the camera.

Sounds like you need to order #46054?

Yeah it does seem that way. But elsewhere, it said that TTL converter is included. That's what threw me off. But upon continuing research it seems like that was for the older ikelite housings, not the newer one.

So I'm about 2 weeks away from my Tubbataha liveaboard trip, and I woke up in the middle of the night wondering how my 2 ikelite strobes communicate with the camera. (This will be the first time I've used strobes with this system)

I've got a D810 with a 200DL housing and two DS-161's attached via dual sync cord. But I never bothered to understand how the camera connects to the bulkhead.

I've read in a few places that ikelite housings come with TTL converters, but I've also read that they are optional items. Can anyone advise me on whether I should be ordering a converter?

Hey... when you posted that you are 2 weeks away from your Tubbataha trip, SO AM I!!!

Which boat are you on? My fiance and I are on the Oceanic III with All Star Liveaboards, any chance you're on the same boat?

Cool. Unfortunately, we are on a different boat. The Caribbean Tigress. I think we will only have 8 divers on board. May 6-13 to be precise.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom