Ikelite TTL repair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sunnyboy

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I have a G16 in an Ikelite TTL housing. The little circuit board in back of the housing (between hot shoe mount and sync cord bulkhead) is getting a bit flakey.

I am not able to return the unit to Ikelite at this time for repair (long story, won't bore everyone).

Has anyone ever had a look at the little circuit board and repaired it? Mine seems to be physically two small boards joined with a connector. Both have IC chips, resistors, caps and transistors.

I'm assuming the board is pretty common for many of the TTL housings, not just the G16 one (i.e. G15, G12, and probably many other point-and-shoot housings where the camera has the 5-connection TTL hot shoe.

Just wondering if anyone has ever had a good look at one of these.

Never looked at one, but it will be common to canon cameras. It's main job is to talk digital to the camera (via the hotshoe connection) and analog to the strobe.

Repair? Software does not wear out. So any repair will most likely involve looking for failed (flakely) electrical connections or components.

You can look for loose wire connections and / or broken traces on the circuit boards. other than that you are screwed.

Thanks. I also had a message telling me about occasional problems if the boards get squished by the attachment screws. That may have happened in my case as removing the board and inspecting it (it looks fine) and then reinstalling it seems to have solved the immediate problem.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom