I'm a SeaSigns instructor if you have any questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I read that quite some time ago. It's silly.

Any sign, if made incorrectly, can be seen as meaning something else. Reminds me of the professor at Gallaudet who was just learning to sign. One day he was late for class. Upon arrival, he apologized to his class, signing he had been working with his secretary. Unfortunately, he had the hand orientation reversed on his lower fist when he signed "working." Needless to say, the class cracked up.

The lesson from both stories is not to stop using signs that can be confused (we'd stop signing entirely and stop speaking for that matter), but to learn to use signs correctly.

Is there any update on whether there is a SS instructor available in Florida?

I noticed that there were some instructors back in 2008, but I'm wondering if there are still any classes being offered (esp in Orlando)...

If you're an instructor or student and want to learn or teach SeaSigns, come check out our new website www.SeaSigns.com ! We have lots of new features for instructors and students such as online registration, downloadable materials, instructor search, online classes, Facebook and much more!

Come visit us and let us know if you have any questions!

Safe & Happy Signing!
SeaSigns

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom