I'm back. Anyone keen for a dive in Melbourne?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ive heard about that, how's the water now though?

One of the reasons why Ive put off jumping into the water here is cos Ive never dived in cold waters before. Always dived in warm waters where rashguard and boardshorts were the norm.=)

Burna, Sas and friends will be able to give you that information. I haven't dived there this time of year. I am not sure if our water temp has dropped here yet. Haven't dived for a bit due to high seas.

Right now the water in the bay is about 13C by my computer. Damn cold! I tried diving without my hood on the weekend, but went back for it after a minute underwater. I'm currently diving with a 5mm wetsuit and a long sleaved sharkskin top. It is enough for me but I've got a high tollerance for the cold. My drysuit is on order and arrives later this week.
:wave:

I did some amazing dives on Monday, posted here...

There's a scallop dive planned from Portsea on Sunday the 18th of June at 3:30 if anyone's interested. Bookings can be made on 1300 638 763.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom