I'm back from the Bahamas

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Soggy

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Well, I'm back. It was a great week in a tropical paradise. Our flight from Logan was cancelled due to the storm last Monday, so we drove through the middle of the night to Philadelphia to catch our connecting flight to Nassau. We got there at 4:30am. Our flight for Nassau left around 9am.

I'll post a more in-depth trip report later, but the diving was great. ~75 degree water, 3 wall dives, some shallow reef diving, and a snorkeling trip with my beautiful girl.

Some highlights were getting checked out by an eagle ray, following a moray eel while he found lunch, seeing an ENORMOUS moray in a hole, and diving with over the edge of a wall with over a mile of water below me. There were good divers, bad divers, awful divers, crazy divers, wussy divers, and just plain dumb divers. Everyone was very friendly and we all had a great time.

I'll post more details later....

looking forward to a detailed report! :)

Did the locals treat you well? When we went last summer, people seemed to be rather unfriendly. I don't know, maybe I everyone to have southern hospitality.

bobafett21 once bubbled...
Did the locals treat you well?

Yes, very very well. In fact, I've been telling people just how friendly everyone was. We didn't go into Nassau much, so my experience was mostly with people at different resorts, on the boat, and jitney drivers.

When we went last summer, people seemed to be rather unfriendly. I don't know, maybe I everyone to have southern hospitality.

I'm really surprised and sorry to hear that? Where did you stay? We were at the Nassau Beach Hotel on Cable Beach on New Providence Island.

Back
Top Bottom