I'm back! Okay,don't laugh,dive report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I go with sennet. See them also off NC. Never seen cuda that small.

If you want to see a manatee on scuba better do it by accident. In Florida, at least in the parks, you have to do it on snorkel. Scuba not allowed since they do not want divers to hassle them when they are submerged. Seen enough divers hassle sea turtles that I can see where that is a real issue.

Last Jan was in Key Largo and saw a manatee in the Key Largo marina. It was real cold. Have also seen them up near Sebastian Inlet so they are around.

Well, did about 2.5 hours today. My computer is out in the car but our maximum depth was around 12-15 feet. Water temperature was 84 degrees. Didn't see any seahorse or octopi today but I did see a really cool,big flying gurnard, 3 eel, lots of lobster,banded shrimp. A big hermit crab in a queen conch shell. Lots of other crab, lots of fishies. Some kind of fish sticking out of a hole that I can't identify.
Awesome dive and I just wish we could do a night dive there. Hubby is already talking about making a road trip back soon.
Was an awesome way to get back in the water. Blue Heron Bridge is incredible and also one of the easiest shore dives I've ever done anywhere.
i could have dived there all day. I only used 1200 psi of air! !y husband and the guy we dive with were low so it was time to go.
Next time I will make sure I buy a camera before our trip. My old one is obsolete (circa 1999),so that will be on my Santa list.

---------- Post added November 14th, 2015 at 01:06 PM ----------

Jawfish. ( very neat!), striated frogfish,yellow garden eel,sharp -tailed eel. Next time,I'll have a camera. There are so many species of things it's incredible.

---------- Post added November 14th, 2015 at 03:08 PM ----------

I go with sennet. See them also off NC. Never seen cuda that small.

If you want to see a manatee on scuba better do it by accident. In Florida, at least in the parks, you have to do it on snorkel. Scuba not allowed since they do not want divers to hassle them when they are submerged. Seen enough divers hassle sea turtles that I can see where that is a real issue.

Last Jan was in Key Largo and saw a manatee in the Key Largo marina. It was real cold. Have also seen them up near Sebastian Inlet so they are around.
Hey, forgot you're from Raleigh. Is there any more off shore diving in NC this fall or am I going to have to wait until spring?
So disappointed we couldn't do a night dive this trip. I must do a night dive next time we come,plus try some boat dives.

Last edited:

Hey, forgot you're from Raleigh. Is there any more off shore diving in NC this fall or am I going to have to wait until spring?
So disappointed we couldn't do a night dive this trip. I must do a night dive next time we come,plus try some boat dives.

There are a few trips that will try to get out. Weather dependent. Water is warmer the further out you go. I usually dive with Aquatic Safaris out of Wrightsville Beach.
They have some stuff on Dec. 5,6 . That is about it until April 23 when I have a Hyde/Gill set up. After that they are up and running again.
Not sure about Morehead boats.

Steve,how did your avatar end up on my posts?

I have no clue. There were a couple other cases of that happening. Think that boulderjohn had that happen to him. His avatar appeared on some one else's posts.

I checked some of your recent posts and I did not see it. Where is it. Think it is a software bug.

I have no clue. There were a couple other cases of that happening. Think that boulderjohn had that happen to him. His avatar appeared on some one else's posts.

I checked some of your recent posts and I did not see it. Where is it. Think it is a software bug.
Weird. What do you see for my avatar? Your avatar is gone from your post and has replaced my avatar when I look at it.
Emailed Aquatic Safari about Dec 5/6. There's a chance we'll do that trip. We'd like to schedule a full week in FL as soon as I have more leave available.

Hm.. I see tracy with the dobie? Great Dane? avatar and Steve's looks like him wearing a hat.. in other words they don't look mixed u to me unless tracy is a he... umm well you know what I mean?

Well, did about 2.5 hours today. My computer is out in the car but our maximum depth was around 12-15 feet. Water temperature was 84 degrees. Didn't see any seahorse or octopi today but I did see a really cool,big flying gurnard, 3 eel, lots of lobster,banded shrimp. A big hermit crab in a queen conch shell. Lots of other crab, lots of fishies. Some kind of fish sticking out of a hole that I can't identify.
Awesome dive and I just wish we could do a night dive there. Hubby is already talking about making a road trip back soon.
Was an awesome way to get back in the water. Blue Heron Bridge is incredible and also one of the easiest shore dives I've ever done anywhere.
i could have dived there all day. I only used 1200 psi of air! !y husband and the guy we dive with were low so it was time to go.
Next time I will make sure I buy a camera before our trip. My old one is obsolete (circa 1999),so that will be on my Santa list.

---------- Post added November 14th, 2015 at 01:06 PM ----------

Jawfish. ( very neat!), striated frogfish,yellow garden eel,sharp -tailed eel. Next time,I'll have a camera. There are so many species of things it's incredible.

---------- Post added November 14th, 2015 at 03:08 PM ----------

Good to hear you are back in the water. I shot some video from the BHB today. We went to the west. Usually it is clearer (when I go anyway).

[video=youtube_share;caBjqAklDmI]http://youtu.be/caBjqAklDmI[/video]

Hm.. I see tracy with the dobie? Great Dane? avatar and Steve's looks like him wearing a hat.. in other words they don't look mixed u to me unless tracy is a he... umm well you know what I mean?

That's what I see too. Tracy=dobie, Me = old guy with hat. Maybe browser dependent?

Not what I see... I see distinguished gentleman in a hat I like distinguished guys....I married one but he is watching cricket right now but I don't like cricket I'd rather dive Tracy.. come dive with me please?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom