I'm convinced, bp/w, WoW!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

a878bob

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
Who would have Thunk it? I've been diving a traditional bc for over 10 years. Now an instructor with LDS. I dive what they sell. Now that Apeks has ss bp/w, so do I. Great fit and finish, Very good instructions. I have been researching bp/w on ScubaBoard for awhile. Great resource! Inflator hose bungee, innertube, how to rig, proper adjustment. It's all here.

After adjusting just right, BAM! Perfect trim, comfortable, much more stable than trad. bc. Thank you Hogs and ScubaBoard!

yup
ive been diving a transpack sence i gotow cert..... i actually used a transpack for my ow dives..... and thats leaps and bounds better than a standard bc.. but a rigid backplate is even better.... makes you "one with the gear"

I made the same switch about five years ago. I no longer even own a traditional BCD, as all of my dives are made using a BP.

Greg Barlow
Former Science Editor for Rodale's Scuba Diving Magazine

You'll never go back!! it takes a little playing around to get it all dialed in the way you like it, but once you do, everything gets easier!! Congrats

AquaHump:
Welcome to the dark side.....mmmmmmwwwwwwhhhhhhaaaaa we got another one

I was going to give him a "Welcome to the dark side" as well, but I see the jobs already been done

firedevil.gif

a878bob:
Who would have Thunk it? I've been diving a traditional bc for over 10 years. Now an instructor with LDS. I dive what they sell. Now that Apeks has ss bp/w, so do I. Great fit and finish, Very good instructions. I have been researching bp/w on ScubaBoard for awhile. Great resource! Inflator hose bungee, innertube, how to rig, proper adjustment. It's all here.

After adjusting just right, BAM! Perfect trim, comfortable, much more stable than trad. bc. Thank you Hogs and ScubaBoard!

I switched to the BP/W setup about five years ago and now own three. Two for single tank diving, ABS hardplate and 30-35 wing and one for doubles, SS backplate and 55 lb. wing.

Now the fun is really going to begin for you as you try and win skeptics over. Plus if you also switch to the long hose you will get questions, stares, and comments about drinking the Kool Aid.

But when they see how effortlessly you move through the water and how little air and weight you use watch them come up after the dive and ask questions on the side.

Hehe, resistance is futile......... welcome to the dark side!

I think a majority of divers with their heads screwed on straight eventually develop a preference for the bp/wing system......... there are simply so many advantages over a jacket BC. By far the most divers who don't dive a backplate are those who have for one reason or another never tried one!!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom