I'm going to Disney World!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

El Tiburon

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I'm taking my kids to Disney World the last week of June and I just booked myself on the Dive Quest Dive at Living Seas Aquarium in Epcot Center. Sounds like a blast. Who else has done this dive? Please share your experiences. Coqui Diver.

Couple of items:

nice dive to include in the log book

The later time gives more bottom time than the earlier dive

The gear is in good shape

Save a towel for the afterwards shower. They normally take them up at day's end and you won't have one

If they pay park entrance fees your family can watch from outside the tanks. This was good becasue my wife could see that our youngest was actually having fun and not on death's door!

I did this two weekends ago. Had a blast and would love to do it again. Equipment is all top-notch and in excellent condition. (Didn't care too much for the split fins, but that's personal preference. You can use your own mask though.) They really spoil you from beginning to end.

It's really awesome to be so close to such a wide variety of animals, and they are very used to divers being in the tank. In fact, some of them turned out to be very inquisitive! The huge loggerhead turtle sat 16 inches from me while we were stopped at the bottom and wasn't fazed a bit. There were five sharks in there with us, two black-tipped, two browns and a caribbean reef shark as well. They definitely grab your attention! But as long as you stay out of their way (they swim in the same patterns round the tank, and you pick up on that pretty quick), they hardly seem to notice you.

One of the most unique things about the whole dive experience though is the interaction with the guests on the other side of the glass. That's something you definitely cannot do in the ocean! You'll practically forget the fish are even there.

The Disney divers that are in the tank with everyone are extremely nice, helpful and VERY observant. They kept really good eyes on everyone.

Have a blast! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom