I'm looking for volunteer diving ops please help...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bestshooter

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi everyone,
I'm hoping maybe someone can help me or lead me in the right direction . I am looking to find somewhere to be a volunteer diver . I love to dive and would love to volunteer to a good cause . I have looked into doing the aquarium diving at the aquariums but some of them want almost full time employment for free or have you pay a lot of money to be a volunteer . I'd be interested in reef cleanup or fish and reef studies or something like that . If anyone knows of anything please pm me any information . I would be very grateful .

Look into local lake associations & local dive clubs. Around here I spend a lot of time underwater doing Eurasian Milfoil remediation and lake cleanups.

Coral Restoration Foundation
Work in the coral nurseries and plant corals on the reefs in Key Largo, & in Bonaire. The most fun you can have underwater.

Diveheart assist with adaptive scuba experience. They have a very active group in Atlanta. It's very fulfilling to see the faces of these divers.

REEF, free online fishinars, also lionfish derby's and fish surveys.

Also check with your local dive clubs for other activities such as clean-ups, dive against debris.

I am not at the Georgia aquarium, but where I dive it is a commitment of one day every two weeks. And there is no fee except the expense involved in medical clearance and maintaining first aid/CPR. I've been diving every other Wednesday for over 10 years. Check the GA page again. It only lists a one-time administrative application fee of $60 and requires a commitment of 100 hours per year. They would charge another fee in subsequent years only if you didn't make the 100 hour quota.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom