I'm mad at Dive-aholic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

the bands are pretty high on those tanks. Are the tops secured with quick clips and then popped around the valves? Didn't seem like they were wrapped around the neck from the video.

You will all have a blast in May, Bob is a great teacher and the course is well thought out. Also, the combo of Edd and Bob is hard to beat.

*doh, Rob it is. Thanks Kevin, I'm asleep at the wheel here*

You will all have a blast in May, Bob is a great teacher and the course is well thought out. Also, the combo of Edd and Bob is hard to beat.

Psst.....Its ROB, not BOB :shocked2:

:shocked2: Why so late?!?!?!?

I'm heading down with a few folks from another board I'm a mod on ... and that's when we decided we could all make it ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Bob, who all else is going? I was sort of thinking about crashing the party . . .

I now am the proud owner of a Hollis SM.

I see all of this talk about the Nomad (and I know it's the first real commercial option), but not much discussion on the Hollis rig.

Anyone care to chime in?

I'm still in the very EARLY stages of prep and tuning now.

I have a couple of the Hollis rigs in my inventory and use them as well as a couple of other models from different manufacturers for students taking SM workshops with me.

As Rob says, nothing works perfectly right out of the box but the Hollis is a popular choice and looks like it will do well in the market.

I particularly like the way the rig is finished and the attention paid to detail. It is rugged and the positioning of the shoulder harness works well and is adjustable enough to make it work as a "loner" so it will probably be easy to customize. Also like that it comes with bungees, clips and cam bands.

I have dived it a couple of times (caves and wrecks) and may grab one for myself in the spring to replace the highly modified Recon I am presently working with.

Steve

Thanks for some other input.

I know that most any rig will be so "generic" out of the box that it'll take heavy modifying. But the few instructors I talked with around here thought well of it.

I am already considering a hybrid using this wing and a harness a la the Razor. It seems the simplicity of it all will blend back in closer to a HOG-type rig. I am a major fan of lightweight and simple.

Bob, who all else is going? I was sort of thinking about crashing the party . . .

So far it's me and my usual cave buddy, Dave ... Bob Overstreet (wb416) and his new bride Penny, and I'm not sure but I think Chantelle's planning to go.

It'd be fun to have you join the party ... we're planning to spend the week at Marianna ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

It's his fault that I'm going to have to find an heir for the Borg avatar.

Lynn, you will always be the Borg Queen. Queens are not defined by what they wear or what they dive, but rather by who they are!:eyebrow:

So far it's me and my usual cave buddy, Dave ... Bob Overstreet (wb416) and his new bride Penny, and I'm not sure but I think Chantelle's planning to go.

It'd be fun to have you join the party ... we're planning to spend the week at Marianna ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Ya'll should plan for Springfest. :)

I might decide to wander down that way and join you for a dive or two as well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom