• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

I'm mad at Dive-aholic

Discussion in 'Sidemount Diving' started by TSandM, Dec 7, 2010.

1. mdax

mdax Solo Diver

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    the bands are pretty high on those tanks. Are the tops secured with quick clips and then popped around the valves? Didn't seem like they were wrapped around the neck from the video.

2. shoredivr

shoredivr Solo Diver

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    You will all have a blast in May, Bob is a great teacher and the course is well thought out. Also, the combo of Edd and Bob is hard to beat.

*doh, Rob it is. Thanks Kevin, I'm asleep at the wheel here*

3. Kevin Carlisle

Kevin Carlisle Contributor

# of Dives: 500 - 999

Psst.....Its ROB, not BOB :shocked2:

4. BCSGratefulDiver

BCSGratefulDiver Mental toss flycoon ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    I'm heading down with a few folks from another board I'm a mod on ... and that's when we decided we could all make it ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

5. TSandM

TSandM Missed and loved by many. Rest in Peace ScubaBoard Supporter

Bob, who all else is going? I was sort of thinking about crashing the party . . .

6. Doppler

Doppler Dive Equipment Manufacturer

I have a couple of the Hollis rigs in my inventory and use them as well as a couple of other models from different manufacturers for students taking SM workshops with me.

As Rob says, nothing works perfectly right out of the box but the Hollis is a popular choice and looks like it will do well in the market.

I particularly like the way the rig is finished and the attention paid to detail. It is rugged and the positioning of the shoulder harness works well and is adjustable enough to make it work as a "loner" so it will probably be easy to customize. Also like that it comes with bungees, clips and cam bands.

I have dived it a couple of times (caves and wrecks) and may grab one for myself in the spring to replace the highly modified Recon I am presently working with.

7. Pearldiver07

Pearldiver07 IDC Instructor

Steve

Thanks for some other input.

I know that most any rig will be so "generic" out of the box that it'll take heavy modifying. But the few instructors I talked with around here thought well of it.

I am already considering a hybrid using this wing and a harness a la the Razor. It seems the simplicity of it all will blend back in closer to a HOG-type rig. I am a major fan of lightweight and simple.

8. BCSGratefulDiver

BCSGratefulDiver Mental toss flycoon ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 2,500 - 4,999
    So far it's me and my usual cave buddy, Dave ... Bob Overstreet (wb416) and his new bride Penny, and I'm not sure but I think Chantelle's planning to go.

It'd be fun to have you join the party ... we're planning to spend the week at Marianna ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

9. UnderSeaBumbleBee

UnderSeaBumbleBee Solo Diver

Lynn, you will always be the Borg Queen. Queens are not defined by what they wear or what they dive, but rather by who they are!:eyebrow:

10. Cave Diver

Cave Diver Divemaster

Ya'll should plan for Springfest. :)

I might decide to wander down that way and join you for a dive or two as well.