I'm mad at Dive-aholic

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

He cut the bottom of the shoulder straps off the back of the harness so they could be relocated to a different position that works better for some people.

I heard, "he cut blah blah blah blah blah blah .that works better for some people."

Damn, but you're gonna have your hands full! :rofl3:

I heard, "he cut blah blah blah blah blah blah .that works better for some people."

Should I be aploigizing to Rob now or later :rofl3:

I'll start putting pictures together for your trip... :rofl3:

It's his fault that I'm going to have to find an heir for the Borg avatar.

Rob was kind enough to take me and Peter out this afternoon for a taste of sidemount diving. I was using Rob's wife's Nomad and LP95s. I think this was the same setup I swam around in for ten minutes three years ago, but I think it's adjusted quite differently now, because the thing that I didn't like at all from before -- tanks that wallowed around in quite different directions than I did -- wasn't present this time at all.

In fact, this time . . . well, all I can say is WOW. I have never, ever, ever felt so stable in the water. No matter what I did (or didn't do) or what position I assumed, I was just . . . there. And I could SEE in front of me! I swam on my back, on my side, swam uphill and downhill, swam backwards and did spins. It was all easy in a way that doubles have never felt easy. Of course, I had some buoyancy oops moments, trying to find the inflator and the little knob on the dump, but that's just unfamiliarity with the gear. Overall, I was just utterly and simply thrilled.

I have been saying for a while that sidemount was in my future, because my knees don't like carrying doubles up and down hills. Well, I'm afraid the future is much closer than I thought it was.

Kathydee, want a cupcake?

Lynne, I disagree that you give up your cupcake!

GUE needs some nudging to look at sidemount and to figure out how to apply their system to sidemount diving. They are more than a little behind the times on that.

People like you and me are discovering the health benefits of not hauling a 100 pounds of doubles around. Not only are people developing back and leg issues, but the Army is producing a great many individuals with back and leg issues due to the current conflicts.

How about you and Peter carry the water back to the Borg and get them to start thinking of how to assimilate sidemount. :)

... With the exception of the Razor (which has limited application) ...
Why is this? Is it because of the lack of a BC for OW? I am seriously considering the Razor because I am excited about its simplicity and Steve is supposed to be coming out with a BC soon. I have been running some ideas of adapting a wing if he doesn't. I really like HOG style rigs. :wink:

I can't really afford or care to maintain two seperate rigs. Sidemount is a far more flexible tool. It can go where BM can go, and where it can't.

I can't really afford or care to maintain two seperate rigs.

... once I buy a sidemount setup I'll have eight separate rigs ... :shocked2:

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

...the Army is producing a great many individuals with back and leg issues due to the current conflicts.

Yep, I have the Army to thank for my knee and ankle problems.

irishsquid:
Why is this? Is it because of the lack of a BC for OW? I am seriously considering the Razor because I am excited about its simplicity and Steve is supposed to be coming out with a BC soon. I have been running some ideas of adapting a wing if he doesn't. I really like HOG style rigs.

The Razor is designed for use with aluminum cylinders. I'm also pretty confident that whatever wing Steve comes out with will have limited lift capability. It works for Steve and the type of diving he does. But it doesn't work for me and the type of diving I do. There's nothing wrong with that. That's one of the beauties of sidemount. The issue is when some people try to convince others that a particular system is the best all around for all sidemount diving. What works for me and my diving won't necessarily work for you and your diving. One of the things I ask people who come to me for advice about which rig to buy is why they want to dive sidemount and what type of diving they will be doing. These two things play a large role in determining which rig will suit them best.

Should I be aploigizing to Rob now or later :rofl3:

Please wait. He might go after you while I'm there and I'll enjoy the show! :popcorn:

If y'all haven't guessed, Kevin 'introduced' me to sidemount.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom