I’M NOT A TECHNICAL DIVER, WHY SHOULD I BUY THE X-MISSION?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

BARE Sports

ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
ScubaBoard Business Sponsor
Reaction score
x-mission-ice.ashx

I’M NOT A TECHNICAL DIVER, WHY SHOULD I BUY THE X-MISSION?
For some reason, technical divers, and the gear they use, are intimidating to recreational divers. Sure, they dive beyond recreational limits and require decompression stops. They take their training, equipment, and the process of diving seriously. However, they are no different than any other diver in the sense that they are natural born explorers. There is no other explanation other than the need to explore that would drive a person to strap on compressed gas and enter a world where people were never meant to go. Yes, all divers are explorers. Technical divers take it a step further and, therefore, have special equipment requirements. They need gear to be accessible and perform without fail. Then again, how is that any different than the recreational diver diving in remote locations or harsh conditions?

BARE Sports proudly promotes the X-Mission drysuit as a technical diving suit. We involved active and accomplished technical divers from CAVEBASE in its development resulting in the ultimate drysuit for cave and technical diving. However, if a diver doesn’t dive tech, why would they want an X-Mission?

PURPOSE DRIVEN
For technical divers, everything they carry and its configuration has a purpose. The objective usually focuses on accessibility and self-reliance. That means, the D-ring on their harness is in that spot for a reason. It is designated to hold something specific, and it is expected to be accessible with minimal effort. Now, that doesn’t mean that dive gear for recreational divers is designed without thought. However, technical divers may need to access pockets and equipment more often and in a hurry. That means it needs to be more convenient and durable. Everything on the X-Mission drysuit, from the placement of the inflation valve to the material to the location of the pockets, was thought out with extreme detail.

Yes, the X-Mission may look cool, but fashion took a back seat to purpose on this drysuit. Frequent recreational divers will appreciate features such as the slim “cave cut” design for improved aqua-dynamics and reduced bulk, as well as quick access pockets to keep the diver streamlined.

READ MORE

#BARExmission

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom