I'm off to Thailand Saturday for a

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

billfish

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
4d/n Similan Islands liveaboard on the Mermaid II. Yahoooooo! Any of you veterans want to tell me what to expect in the way of critters, weather, conditions or anything else. This is my first liveaboard and I can't wait. Only 2 more sleeps!!!

I was on Mermaid II for the Similans/Koh Bon/Koh Tachai/Richelieu Rock trip in March.The boat is really huge and has an excellent dive deck.Nitrox is available at only 100 baht a tank.
Stick to Philip Preston,he's the most experienced of the guides and can show you all the critters. You can expect lots of lionfish and scorpionfish on every dive.Critters include harlequin ghost pipefish,tiger-tailed seahorse,jawfish,mantis shrimp,ribbon eels.Koh Bon and Koh Tachai represent your best chance of seeing a manta ray.

don't forget the report when you get back billfish!

I'm going in December and want to know all about it - different boat, similar schedule.....

sigh.... few more sleeps.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom