Immigration question . . . Again

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

gmountai

Contributor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Oh, no! Not another immigration question. My wife and I are leaving for our dive vacation at AKR in a couple of weeks. A couple of years ago we were able to complete Immagration on-line and go through the "short line" pissing off all those that had no clue standing in the long line. Is that still an option? Understand it was discontinued at one time. Thanks!

Oh, no! Not another immigration question. My wife and I are leaving for our dive vacation at AKR in a couple of weeks. A couple of years ago we were able to complete Immagration on-line and go through the "short line" pissing off all those that had no clue standing in the long line. Is that still an option? Understand it was discontinued at one time. Thanks!
Based upon our visit last year it is a crap shoot. We did the online form thing and then just walked through with everyone else. Nobody was checking anything.

No longer. Last fall they stopped accepting pre registration here on Saturdays and I just came in last week and they said not at all anymore. Everywhere else in Honduras but not Roatan

We did the pre-registration in 2016 and like you, it worked beautifully. So in Sept 2017 we pre-registered again even though others here said they weren't accepting it any longer. They were correct, it did nothing to help us last Sept. But the great news was that they have figured out how to get people through much quicker, at least they did on our Saturday arrival date. We were through in probably 15 minutes even though we were not the first plane to arrive.

I'm hoping it wasn't just a fluke and they really have figured out how to manage the crowds more efficiently.

Back
Top Bottom