Impact from Rosa?????

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm not in Baja, but am headed to Cabo Pulmo on Saturday so I've been tracking Rosa. According to the National Hurricane Center, it appears that Rosa's track is well north of La Paz and hitting on the western side of Baja. It will be in Arizona tomorrow (Tuesday). Based on that, it seems the impact should be very little, if anything at all.

Update: my friends who are driving down are stuck in San Felipe. The road is currently washed out. They didn't specify, but I think it's Highway 5.

I'm heading down to Ensenada Wednesday and leaving for Guadalupe Island at noon. Hope the seas have settled down on the way. I'd like to think that the universe heard the atomic F-bomb I dropped in my office early last week and aimed Rosa a bit further east to avoid infuriating me.

I'm not in Baja, but am headed to Cabo Pulmo on Saturday so I've been tracking Rosa. According to the National Hurricane Center, it appears that Rosa's track is well north of La Paz and hitting on the western side of Baja. It will be in Arizona tomorrow (Tuesday). Based on that, it seems the impact should be very little, if anything at all.

That is my hope. didn't know if there was tons of "run off" or if the storm / tides effected the wildlife..

I'm heading down to Ensenada Wednesday and leaving for Guadalupe Island at noon. Hope the seas have settled down on the way. I'd like to think that the universe heard the atomic F-bomb I dropped in my office early last week and aimed Rosa a bit further east to avoid infuriating me.

heard it normally can be a rough trip. storm won't help.

They were able to drive back north to Ensenada and the down west coast to San Quintin where it's sunny & there are blue skies. I don't have any info about run off or churning, but the Mexican newspapers indicated little damage on west coast. it seems San Felipe got the worst of it. Fingers crossed!

trip went great. no big issues from Rosa. Everything was GREEN. that was the big comment from the captain and Emilio our DM. did loose the last day as Sergio was coming in.... A wee bit choppy!!!! no one wanted to go out in those seas.....

heard it normally can be a rough trip. storm won't help.

Ride out there was easy; the ride back was a bit bouncy (possibly from Sergio brewing up). For some reason there was a murky surface layer at Guadalupe Island on the first day but after that we were good to go.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom