Import from DiveLogDT to LogTRAK

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was wondering if there was any progress made on the software? Would love to get my dives off the G2 and over to Dive Log.

I was wondering if there was any progress made on the software? Would love to get my dives off the G2 and over to Dive Log.

Apologies, I intended to update this post and apparently missed it. YES!! DiveLog DT/Manager now imports via Bluetooth and USB. DiveLog for iOS has also been updated to allow Bluetooth downloads directly on your iPhone for an additional $2.99. I've had the chance to test both programs extensively and it works flawlessly.

LogTrak is almost useless even with the PC version. I'm using Diving Log 6 to download from my G2, which supports the G2 with the exception of the skin temp.

I just got an Aladin Sport Matrix, I haven't dived with it yet, but would it be best to get the Dive Log 6 program for it to start out with? Would I just get the app and get all the features or do I have to buy the Windows Software and the App to get all the features

I just got an Aladin Sport Matrix, I haven't dived with it yet, but would it be best to get the Dive Log 6 program for it to start out with? Would I just get the app and get all the features or do I have to buy the Windows Software and the App to get all the features
I’m not sure what you mean by the app. Diving Log 6 is a Windows program. I would first try to use the Aladin with Scubapro LogTrak and see how well it works. Then if you find the LogTrak wanting you can get Diving Log 6 or the free Subsurface.

DiveLog DT is fantastic software and I (along with several other G2 owners) are working with the developers to quickly add support for the G2. The first step will be updating DiveLog so that dives which have been downloaded using LogTrak may then be properly imported into Divelog. This obviously is not ideal, but should hopefully be ready in the next few weeks. The developers have committed to then working toward full download support directly through the DiveLog program. My best advice for now, assuming you like DiveLog DT and would prefer to continue using it, is to be patient a few weeks and see if a patch/beta becomes available. If you'd be interested in providing the logbook files to assist in testing, please PM me and I can provide instructions on what files to send.

As someone who as bit of experience with LogTrak, frankly, it's terrible software. Very poorly supported and thus far has been VERY buggy with the G2 (on a Mac at least). I've noted the following behaviours:
  • When attempting to add my personal information to the G2 with LogTrak, the program resets any warnings that have been set.
  • The current version of LogTrak for Mac does not support any generic or built in bluetooth, but instead requires a special adapter which must be purchased separately.
  • LogTrak "misreads" information downloaded from the G2. For example, the software version is improperly reported, various warnings are improperly reported, etc.
  • While not specifically attributable to LogTrak, attempting to upload .JPEG photos to the G2 results in a forced reboot of the dive computer.
As far as specifically importing other logbooks into LogTrak, there is no easy way to do this that I'm aware of.

Hi! I have soe dives logged on the App version of the LogTrak and there is seemingly no way to export of even access the information on a different device with the same app. Is DiveLog DT able to import from that?

Hi! I have soe dives logged on the App version of the LogTrak and there is seemingly no way to export of even access the information on a different device with the same app. Is DiveLog DT able to import from that?

This discussion was talking about the macOS application DiveLogDT. I'm guessing that what you are wanting to import from here is their iOS App called ScubaPro LogTrak. I have not been able to determine if there is any way to get any information out of ScubaPro's iOS App at all - it does not appear to Export or Sync the logbook in any format. And because iOS App's are not allowed to read another iOS App's data, there is no way for us to "reach in" and see the data. And no, a macOS App can't read an iOS App's data either.

But if you have a G2, it has a really large memory and there is a good chance that all, or at least most, of your dive data is still on it. So you could simply re-download all the data on it into either our iOS App (called Dive Log), or our macOS App (called DiveLogDT) depending on your preference. That wouldn't get you everything you've already logged in LogTRAK, but it would get you started. And you could update the log entries manually over time.

Let us know if you have any questions,
Janice

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom