IMPORTANT health question for all who attended the Bonaire Invasion

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

beaner

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hello Scubaboarders!
I have an important question/request that I'm posting here and also on the Scubaboard FB event page as well:
Has/did anyone experience any of the following symptoms either while in Bonaire or since their return... Nausea and vomiting, diarrhea, intense headache, neck pain, chills.
I would be so grateful to hear from you if you have, as I'm trying to pin-point when/where/how this sickness manifested to get to the bottom of how to treat it.
If you don't feel comfortable disclosing that you've been ****ting yourself (haha) in this thread, feel free to send me a direct message.
Thank you so much!
Jenni

I would call DAN even if I didnt think it wasnt a dive accident. Just to be sure.

FWIW my neighbors just came home from Cancun and they got hit hard. I don't think it was food or water borne. They saw the Doctor and was told something is going around. ( Do they just always say this? I dunno... )

I hope they feel better soon.

Thanks Rick and chrpai!
It's not actually me that's sick, although I do appreciate the well wishes!
I'm just going off info I'm receiving from a third party, and hope to know soon what's going on... my friend has been quite ill (and in hospital) since Tuesday night and they haven't been able to figure out what it is exactly.
:(

Sorry to hear. A few years ago when my wife was on chemo I woke up in the middle of the night to a full on grand mal seizure. Long story short... she landed in the ER with this short little Doctor who was like House on TV. He was going over every single possible thing to rule out and at one point he asks "Have you traveled to any tropical destinations recently?" He then went on to describe how he was seeing "shadows" in her brain scans and that it could be some rare parasite.

Talk about a freaked out night..... Hope your friend is better soon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom