Impossibly hard scuba diving questions please

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Show a pic of Archman's latest fish find and ask if it is

a) Graysby
b) Coney
c) Red Hind

:D

Where would you likely use a reef hook?

a) Cozumel
b) Palau
c) Key Largo

TheRedHead:
Show a pic of Archman's latest fish find and ask if it is

a) Graysby
b) Coney
c) Red Hind

:D

Like this (substitute my pic for archman's)?

graysby.jpg

diverdown13:
lets see, the pressure temperature gas law is charles' law

Nope, but that's a popular misconception and is probably in your OW text. Charles Law deals with temperature/volume relationships. It explains why hot air ballooning is possible, but really has no diving applications. There's a current thread here on SB about gas laws that will give you the correct answer (it's not Gay-Lussac's Law either).

NetDoc:
Describe a Seche Disk.

What is it used for?

Estimates are almost always good enough, although I have used them when doing counts of game fish for Lee County. We checked horizontally and vertically (they were rarely the same). We'd also test salinity.

NetDoc:
What is the END of an NOAA II mix at 63 FSW?

Unless you actually meant EAD, I have no idea what you are asking.

NetDoc:
Who made NitrOx popular in the Keys?

Far beyond the Keys, he introduced nitrox to sport divers, he just happened to start it in Key Largo. He's someone I recommend meeting. Very interesting and nothing like you'd expect.

Good series, Pete!

howarde:
Like this (substitute my pic for archman's)?

Yes, except for the fact that no one has been able to identify Archman's fish. :D

I would include common reef fish in game questions as well as common diving location trivia questions. If it were all questions of calculation, I wouldn't buy the game since it would be like taking a test. Trivial Pursuit is fun because it is trivia.

Here's a fun question:

Is the term FSW a measure of

a) Depth
b) Pressure
c) All of the above

I like fun questions more than impossibly hard ones. I don't think I'd want a whole game with impossibly hard questions...

There's nothing worse than a 4 hour marathon trivial persuit game, because you always end up with the most obscure question when you're going for the final pie piece.

I agree Red - Fish ID would be a fun part... there could be picture cards?

Fish ID is fun but local (although simple tropical fish questions are for most divers). Tables questions should be avoided, not everyone use the same and you need a table to answer them so would need to include one in the game.

Back
Top Bottom