In a galaxy far far away...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

brssmnky

Contributor
Reaction score
So I saw on this TV special that Darth Vader's the breathing audio effects in Star Wars were gotten by putting a small mic in a SCUBA regulator. I thought that's pretty cool. :thumb:

that's a neat tidbit of trivia.

At Disney MGM studios every year that have Star Wars week and have actors from the movies there to sign autographs. I got to see the man in the Darth Vadar costume.

HA! I mis-posted... I meant to put this in just the regular "non-diving related" part, but somehow accidentaly put it in the "women's views non-diving related". Ooops. Sorry people...

Wendy:
that's a neat tidbit of trivia.

At Disney MGM studios every year that have Star Wars week and have actors from the movies there to sign autographs. I got to see the man in the Darth Vadar costume.

That's cool! I used to work at Universal Studios in the make up department but I never saw "Star Wars" week, durn it.

An interesting side note though. While working at Suncoast (sell movies and movie paraphenalia) a huge, muscular man walked in asking about laser discs. I promptly showed him to our laser disc section and started asking him about his system and likes. He asked for my opinion...I said, "The Fugitive is new and has great surround sound effects... Blah blah," and ended by saying of course there is the Star Wars trilogy. He said "Oh really, you like Star Wars?". "Oh yeah", I said, "I'm a huge fan!"

He took my selections up to the counter and my friend flipped out and asked him for his autograph on the Star Wars laser-disc. It was David Prowse (the man in the Vader suit). I was so embarassed I didn't bother asking for one. He stayed a few minutes and chatted, explaining he was in the US promoting his Gym in Europe. He had bought his first laser disc and surround system.

Which brings me to the next time I made a fool of myself. Long story short, I was in Books-a-Million (mega bookstore) and my friend ran up saying he heard Denis Leary talking. I said, "BS, no way he's here." As he went to point, Denis came walking around the bookshelves to which I gave him my trademark drop open mouth, point, stare and say "Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" look. He waved and said "How ya doin!". But inside I know he was cursing himself for walking into this place, hehe.

I'm currently waiting for the day I meet another celebrity to prove I'm not really a moron jackass <cackle>

PS: Sorry for hijacking and changing the topic. That was an interesting bit of trivia. By the way, what show were you watching?

I got to see the man in the Darth Vadar costume.
Are you referring to David Prowse who actually played Vader, or Sebastian Shaw, who was the face of Vader/Anakin in Ep 6?
It was funny, watching some of the dailies from Ep 4, where James Earl Jones hadn't been dubbed in - David Prowse may have the visual presence of Vader, but sure as heckfire doesn't have the voice of an evil galactic ruler.

Kriterian:
He took my selections up to the counter and my friend flipped out and asked him for his autograph on the Star Wars laser-disc. It was David Prowse (the man in the Vader suit). By the way, what show were you watching?

When I was in High School my buddy got his autograph and he actually signs it "David Prowse is Darth Vader" I guess because no one really knows who he is. The Show was either "When Star Wars ruled the earth" on VH1 or some documentary thing that I caught on like the discovery channel or A&E or somewhere. I forget.

Back
Top Bottom